Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 7-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Search2000.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search2000.com Removal instructions!
A hijacker has taken residence on your computer. It invaded your system through guile and deceit. And, you’re now stuck reaping the ‘rewards’ of its stay. The first, more noticeable consequence, is the display of Search2000.com. The website popping up is a direct correlation to the infection’s existence. You best accept is the big, bright sign, it is. And, most of all, act on it! Consider the site a warning. Your PC is no longer infection-free. Acknowledge the browser hijacker that lurks somewhere in the corners of your system. Find its exact hiding place. Then, remove it altogether. The sooner you do, the better. Hijackers do NOT make good online companions. The longer they remain, the bigger the mess they force on you. They bombard you with issues on a daily basis. Issues that only worsen with time. So, don’t grant it that additional time. As soon as you realize, you’re harboring a hijacker, act against it. Its prompt removal earns you the gratitude of your future self. Delays earn you regrets.
How did I get infected with?
Search2000.com doesn’t appear unless a hijacker makes it. The program takes responsibility for the page’s popping up. But, what about the hijacker? How do you explain its appearance? Well, the short answer is: it’s your fault. You take the blame. Don’t be too hard on yourself, though. Let’s explain. Hijackers have to ask permission to install themselves. Without receiving it, they cannot proceed with the process. So, an exchange did take place. Odds are, you have no memory of it. And, that’s because, the infection wasn’t straightforward in its advances. It didn’t outright show up to seek access. If it did, what’s to stop you from saying NO? That’s a risk, it cannot take. So, instead, it turns to trickery. The tool uses the old but gold means of invasion. It hides behind corrupted links, and spam emails. Freeware is among the most common methods, as well. The hijacker can even pretend to be a bogus system or program update. The infection has an entire myriad of methods, it can use to slither its way I, undetected. It’s up to you NOT to let it. Apply enough attention to catch it in the act of its deceit. And, prevent its admission. Do NOT agree to install the cyber threat, on accident. Every time, you allow something off the web into your PC, be extra vigilant. Double-check everything. Read the fine print. Do your due diligence! It goes a long way, and it can save you an avalanche of grievances.
Why is this dangerous?
Search2000.com shows up to intercept your every online move. It does so, because the hijacker forces it on you. Once the infection sneaks in, corruption ensues. It starts to wreak havoc not long after invasion, and you suffer the consequences of its stay. The first indication of the trouble, you’re stuck with, appear with your browsing. Your experience turns into a nightmare. The hijacker redirects you, non-stop. Every time, you so much as touch your browser, you see Search2000.com. Do anything online, at all, and the site’s there. And, it’s not alone. You also get flooded with advertisements. It’s not a surprise that repercussions follow close by. Your system starts to suffer frequent crashes. Your computer’s performance slows down. It’s a mess. And, do you know what? That’s not even the worst of it. These are the minor threats, you face. The worst one, concerns your privacy. The hijacker follows programming to steal information from you. It does so, by spying on your browsing activities. Once it collects enough data, it proceeds to send it. It exposes it to the third parties that published it. That means, cyber criminals get a hold if your private details. Are you going to trust them with your personal and financial information? Or, would you rather, keep it off-reach and private? Do yourself a favor, and pick the latter. As soon as Search2000.com clues you into the presence of the hijacker threat, act! Acknowledge the danger you’re in, and take action ASAP. Accept, there’s a browser hijacker somewhere on your PC. Find where. Then, remove it. It’s for the best.
How to Remove Search2000.com virus
The Search2000.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search2000.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search2000.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search2000.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search2000.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search2000.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search2000.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search2000.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search2000.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search2000.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search2000.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.