Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Search.whiteskyservices.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search.whiteskyservices.com Removal instructions!
A hijacker lurks on your computer. The nasty infection slithered its way in undetected. And, is now revealing itself via Search.whiteskyservices.com. Yes, consider the page’s popping up a big, bright sign. Its appearance on your screen is bad news. It’s a clear indication that your PC harbors a hijacker. And, hijackers are atrocious. They’re meddling and malicious. Once you get stuck with one, prepare for an avalanche of problems. You first notice the tool’s influences, when you browse. Every single online move you make, gets interrupted. If you so much as touch your browser, you suffer a waterfall of interference. The tool redirects you to countless suspicious pages. As well as, flood you with an array of in-text, pop-up, and banner ads. The Search.whiteskyservices.com site becomes your online shadow. When you open a new tab, it’s there. When you type a search, it’s among the suggested results. Also, it’s in place of your default homepage and search engine. Did you put it there? No. Did you agree to the switch, or even knew about it? No. Not until you came across it, one day. That’s how hijackers work. They have free rein over your system. Don’t allow the one, behind Search.whiteskyservices.com, run rampant. Protect your system, and yourself, from its hazardous touch. As soon as it announces its existence via the page, take notice. Heed the warning, and act on it. Find, and delete it ASAP.
How did I get infected with?
Hijackers are deceitful. They’re masterful in the art of deception. That’s what helps them slither in undetected. They’re sly and subtle. But, also, you help them sneak in undetected. That’s right. You. It may seem confusing, but it’s rather simple. Let’s elaborate. The tool, using the site as a face, needs your permission to enter. Yes, it can’t access your PC, unless it seeks your approval to do so. And, of course, receives it. Odds are, you have no memory giving the green light to the cyber threat. But the display of Search.whiteskyservices.com proves that you did. Don’t beat yourself too hard, though. Yes, the inquiry did take lace. But, no, it wasn’t straightforward. Think about it. If the hijacker outright popped up to seek your consent, you’d say NO. Wouldn’t you? To avoid the risk of rejection, it turns to trickery. It hitches a ride with spam emails, corrupted links. It hides behind freeware. It poses as a fake system or program update. Its invasive methods are pretty prolific. It’s up to you to see through the deception. You’re the last line of defense. The infection can’t successfully sneak in unnoticed, if you’re thorough enough. If you’re vigilant, and do your due diligence, you can catch it in the act. And, prevent its success. If not, you end up with Search.whiteskyservices.com. The choice is yours. Either throw caution to the wind, and rely on luck. Or, be extra careful, and keep an infection-free PC.
Why is this dangerous?
Search.whiteskyservices.com becomes the bane of your browsing. But don’t think that’s the extent of the hijacker’s harm. Oh, no. It does far worse than only wreck your online experience. The infection takes aim at your security. It follows instructions to spy on you. And, that’s what it does. As soon as it settles, its espionage begins. The application begins to track your browsing, and records everything you do. Yes, it has a record of your activities. When it deems it has gathered enough data, it proceeds to send it. It hands it over to the unknown third parties behind it. Let that sink in for a second. An infection spies on you, and steals information from you. Then, once it gets a hold of enough data, proceeds to expose it. And, to cyber criminals, no less. Strangers with questionable agendas. Not the type of people, you can trust with your personal and financial details. Don’t you agree? If you wish to prevent that from happening, act now! Get rid of the nasty infection at once. Do your best to locate its exact hiding place. Then, when you do, delete it! Its immediate removal ensures the well-being of your system. As well as, helps to keep your privacy private. Search.whiteskyservices.com is a sign. Heed it.
How to Remove Search.whiteskyservices.com virus
The Search.whiteskyservices.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.whiteskyservices.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search.whiteskyservices.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.whiteskyservices.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.whiteskyservices.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.whiteskyservices.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.whiteskyservices.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.whiteskyservices.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.whiteskyservices.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.whiteskyservices.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.whiteskyservices.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.