This article can help you to remove Websock.exe Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
Websock.exe is a malicious cyber menace. It belongs to the Trojan category of threats, and it’s hazardous. The tool makes for a nightmarish companion. It uses your system’s resources to mine for digital currency. And, generate profits for the cyber criminals, behind it. That’s right. Your system suffers for the benefits of malicious strangers. The Trojan increases CPU and GPU usage. It eats up space, and runs various malicious processes in the background. It messes with your Task Manager, Registry, and system settings. All that meddling results in frequent system crashes. As well as, a slower computer performance. Lagging becomes a regular occurrence. As if that’s not enough of an unpleasant experience, the tool also targets your security. It disables your antivirus program and firewall. Thus, making you an easy victim for online threats. Your system can get flooded with malicious programs. And, all that unwanted malware further worsens your predicament. Don’t allow the Trojan to run rampant on your PC. Protect your system from its hazardous touch. As soon as you become aware of its stay, act against it. Get rid of it as soon as possible. Its prompt removal ensures the well-being of your PC. And, don’t delay its deletion. Delays lead to regrets. Act against it at once.
How did I get infected with?
The Websock.exe tool invades via trickery. It preys on your carelessness, and sneaks in undetected. How? Well, let’s explain. The Trojan uses a variety of tricks to slip by you unnoticed. It turns to the old but gold invasive methods for assistance. Like, freeware, fake updates, corrupted links. And, above all, spam emails. One day, you get an email that seems to come from a legitimate source. It urges you to click a link, or download an attachment. If you do, you get stuck with a cyber threat. The infection counts on you to follow instructions, in blind faith. To throw caution to the wind, and rely on luck. To rush, and not do any due diligence. It needs you to give into carelessness. Your carelessness eases its covert infiltration. Make sure not to provide it. Take the opposite approach. Always take the time to be extra thorough. Vigilance goes a long way. And, it can save you countless issues. To choose carelessness over caution is a mistake. Don’t make it.
Why is this dangerous?
The Trojan causes quite the mess. It wreaks havoc from the moment it invades, and jeopardizes your system. But it’s not only your system that faces danger, because of it. The Websock.exe infection threatens your privacy, as well. It has instructions to spy on you, from the moment it invades. And, it follows through on them. Its espionage begins once it settles. The Trojan monitors your every online move. It tracks your browsing, and keeps a record of it, too. Yes, it not only observes your activities, but also records them. Let that sink in. Passwords and logins, you input. Credit card and bank account details. Pages you visit. Links and ads you click on. Social media accounts. It has access to everything you do, while browsing. As well as, a record of it. Then what do you imagine happens next? Well, once the Trojan deems it has stolen enough data, it exposes it. It hands it over to the cyber criminals that published it. That means, strangers get a hold of your personal and financial information. Don’t allow that. Don’t let these people get a hold of your sensitive data. Protect your privacy, and your system. Get rid of the Websock.exe Trojan ASAP. Your future self will thank you for it.
Manual Websock.exe Removal Instructions
The Websock.exe infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Websock.exe infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Websock.exe related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Websock.exe startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Websock.exe virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Websock.exe
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Websock.exe, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Websock.exe Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.