Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Dreamscreen ads? This page includes detailed ads by Dreamscreen Removal instructions!
Dreamscreen is the name of yet another malware. This parasite falls under the adware category. It is an aggressive ad-generating menace. The adware sneaks into your PC and throws you into a whirlwind of ads. This intruder uses every opportunity to interrupt you with an ad of some kind. It inserts various banners on every website you visit. Even web pages that used to be ad-free get heavy on coupons and discounts. No ad-blocking tool is powerful enough to stop the ad invasion. Dreamscreen floods your browser with countless pop-ups. It opens notifications every time you so much as touch your browser. It also pauses your videos for long commercial breaks, redirects your browser to third-party websites, and turns random text into hyperlinks. The adware knows no boundaries. It exists to generate revenue for its publishers. Your comfort and well-being are not part of the deal. Do not underestimate the situation. The adware is not a mere annoyance. Its annoying ads arise unwarranted expectations at best. At worst, they redirect web traffic to dangerous websites. Do not put yourself through this! The adware has no place on your PC. Find where it hides and delete it upon detection. That’s your best course of action. The sooner you remove Dreamscreen, the better!
How did I get infected with?
Freeware, fake updates, corrupted links, spam messages. You can never know where Dreamscreen might strike from. This parasite knows numerous tricks. It lurks in the shadows and waits for an opportunity to attack. Do not make its task easier. Don’t let your guard down! No anti-virus app can protect you if you throw caution to the wind. Only your actions can prevent infections. Even a little extra attention can spare you an avalanche of problems. Don’t be lazy! The adware cannot “hack” your computer. It is a simple app that needs you, the user, to approve its installation. Without your “Yes” it can’t proceed. This parasite is bound to seek your approval. And it does! It always asks. But it does so in the sneakiest way possible. Dreamscreen hides in the fine print. If you don’t pay attention, you might overlook it! So, choose caution over carelessness! Don’t visit questionable websites. Download software from reliable sources only. And forget about the “Next-Next-Finish” setup strategy. When available, use the advanced/custom setup option. Make sure you know what you install. Go through the terms and conditions before you agree to them. If you can’t read the whole document, scan it with an online EULA analyzer. Opt out of the installation if you notice anything suspicious!
Why is this dangerous?
Dreamscreen is a nightmare. It sneaks into your computer and makes a mess out of your web browser. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera. There is no immune program. The adware floods your poor app with countless advertisements. Their great number, of course, burdens your OS and makes your browser prone to malfunctions. You face frequent freezing and crashes. The more ads you see, the worse your predicament gets. And that’s only the tip of the iceberg! Dreamscreen is more than a mere annoyance. This adware is quite dangerous. It threatens to steal personal information and to expose it to criminals. Confused? Well, you won’t like the explanation. The adware spies on you from day one. It studies your browsing habits and uses the gathered data for ad-targeting. On paper, if you enter “sneakers” into a search engine, the parasite will display ads for sports shoes. In practice, though, the adware sells the data to unknown third parties. Do you think that ends well? Dreamscreen knows your every online step. Which websites you visit, what videos you watch, what links you follow. The Incognito mode can’t hide you. The adware knows everything! And if you are not careful, some pieces of data, your search queries, for example, may contain personal and financial details. Do not take unnecessary risks. Remove the adware before it gets a chance to cause you harm.
How to Remove Dreamscreen virus
The Dreamscreen infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Dreamscreen infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Dreamscreen in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Dreamscreen startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Dreamscreen virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Dreamscreen traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Dreamscreen by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Dreamscreen
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Dreamscreen, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Dreamscreen argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Dreamscreen Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.