Can’t Remove Smrtlnk.pro ads? This page includes detailed ads by Smrtlnk.pro Removal instructions!
Smrtlnk.pro is an adware-related website. If it pops up, it’s a sure sign of the invasion. Consider it fact. The sooner you accept it as such, the better. That’s because, adware applications are dangerous. Don’t underestimate them, or the amount of trouble, they cause. The infection slithers into your system undetected, by means of slyness and subtlety. Then, makes its presence known by meddling. And, a lot of it! The program interferes with every aspect of your system. It reshuffles settings, forces unwanted changes, and turns your browsing into hell. Yes, going online becomes a nightmarish experience. Not long after the adware invades, it starts to force a variety of interference on you. It redirects you to Smrtlnk.pro, and other sites, non-stop. It bombards you with ads “Brought to you by Smrtlnk.pro.” It makes it so you cannot even touch your browser without getting flooded with ads and links. And, make no mistake! Everything you see is unreliable. To trust a single link or ad is a colossal mistake. One, you’ll regret as it has consequences. Say, you choose to press a pop-up that offers you a discount coupon for a certain online sale. You’ll get a lot of those, so say, one day, you give in, and click it. What you’ll end up getting won’t be a coupon, but an infection. Let’s explain. The advertisements that flood your screen, harbor malware. There are malicious applications, using the ads as a shield to conceal themselves. And, each time you click on such an ad, you consent to allow said malware into your PC. Let that sink in. A click equals consent. So press nothing! Do your best to ignore the continuous intrusions. Or, better yet, make them stop. Remove the purpose for their display. Get rid of the adware application the first chance you get. Remove the culprit, and the consequences of its stay cease. So, do what’s best for you, and your system. Delete the infection, behind Smrtlnk.pro.
How did I get infected with?
The adware, forcing Smrtlnk.pro on you, duped you. It fooled you into installing it yourself. That’s right. You installed it yourself. And, you didn’t even realize it. The adware swindled you out of your consent, and kept you oblivious about it. It may seem confusing, but it’s pretty simple. No adware can access your system without your permission to do so. So, it has to ask you if you agree to install it. Only if you do, can it proceed with admission. To avoid the risk of rejection, the infection resorts to deceit. After all, if it’s straightforward with its advances, you’d say NO, and move on. It can’t have that. Instead, it makes sure to ask approval in the sneakiest ways possible. It lurks behind freeware, spam emails, corrupted links. It can even use bogus updates as a shield to conceal itself. And, if you’re not thorough enough to spot it, that’s it. It slips right by you. And, you’re stuck with Smrtlnk.pro. That’s why, caution is imperative if you wish to keep an infection-free system. Even a little extra attention goes a long way. Always apply vigilance when installing tools, updates, anything off the web. Read the terms and conditions. Take the time to double-check everything. Read the fine print. Know what you say YES to. Caution keeps cyber threats out of your PC. Carelessness invites them in.
Why is this dangerous?
The adware, forcing Smrtlnk.pro on you, spies on you. Oh, yes. It keeps an eye on your browsing. And, not only that, but also records it. That’s right. Let that sink in. A dangerous cyber threat monitors your online activities, and catalogs them. That means it has access to your personal and financial details. Do you think you can trust an adware with your information? Don’t be naive. After the infection determines it has gathered enough data, it sends it. To whom? Well, to the unknown third parties behind it. Yes, cyber criminals with agendas get their hands on your private details. That will NOT end well. Don’t allow that scenario to unfold. Don’t allow your private information to get stolen and exposed. Delete the adware ASAP. The Smrtlnk.pro site is your sign of action, your warning. Heed it.
How to Remove Smrtlnk.pro virus
The Smrtlnk.pro infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Smrtlnk.pro infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Smrtlnk.pro in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Smrtlnk.pro startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Smrtlnk.pro virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Smrtlnk.pro traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Smrtlnk.pro by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Smrtlnk.pro
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Smrtlnk.pro, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Smrtlnk.pro argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Smrtlnk.pro Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.