Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Chromesearch Club hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Chromesearch Club Removal instructions!
Chromesearch Club is not a trustworthy search engine. If it has managed to replace your preferable homepage without your consent, you are in trouble. This website is also the face of a nasty browser hijacker. Unfortunately, it’s true. Somewhere on your computer, a parasite is lurking. The Chromesearch Club hijacker uses a lot of trickery to reach its victims. Once on board, however, it shows its real face. The hijacker is a malicious ad-generating application (malware). It uses aggressive and misleading strategies to turn you from a visitor into a customer. It spies on its victims and uses the collected information to target each individual user with customized marketing campaigns. The hijacker will ruin your browsing experience. The furtive app injects dozens and dozens of adverts on every web page you open. It redirects your traffic to sponsored websites and pauses your videos for commercial breaks. These adverts, however, are just the obvious ones. The hijacker displays more ads than you might think. This utility also injects fake entries among the search results you are provided with. Among all search results, no matter the provider. Bear in mind that the hijacker is an application that is installed on your PC. It manipulates the content displayed on your screen. Unfortunately, the hijacker also blocks its competitors’ content and replaces it with its own. It is turning you into an easy target. What is even more worrisome is the fact that the hijacker gets more aggressive with each passing day. If you don’t take action against this intruder, your conditions will worsen rapidly. The hijacker will display more and more adverts. Your browser will get redirected more often. The Chromesearch Club hijacker will drown you in a sea of adverts. Don’t wait for this scenario to unfold. Remove the hijacker as soon as possible!
How did I get infected with?
Do you remember installing the Chromesearch Club utility? You must have. Without your permission, the hijacker cannot enter your system. If you cannot recall giving your approval, then we can safely assume that you were careless. If you were cautious, you could have prevented this infection. The Chromesearch Club hijacker usually hitches a ride with other software. The so-called bundles are quite popular among software developers nowadays. These bundles install more than one program. To prevent malware infections, you should always pay close attention to the installation process. Opt for the Advanced option in the Setup Wizard. Only under it will you be able to deselect all unwanted programs. Other malware distribution techniques you should keep an eye out for are spam email attachments, torrents, bogus updates and corrupted links. The Internet is a dangerous place. Only your caution can keep your device virus-free. Do not let apps like the Chromesearch Club hijacker on board ever again!
Why is this dangerous?
The Chromesearch Club hijacker is an utter plague. It interferes with every aspect of your daily browsing. The hijacker opens pop-ups and redirects your web traffic. It bombards you with various commercials and even pauses your online videos. This issues, however, are just side effects. Something much darker is going on behind your back. To select appealing for you ads, the Chromesearch Club hijacker actually spies on you. The furtive app lurks in the shadows and monitors your browsing related data. It knows everything. Even the Incognito mode of your browser cannot hide you. Which websites you visit, what search inquiries you make, what videos you watch. Everything is cataloged and stored on a remote server. And this can be a big problem. The thing is, anyone who uses the hijacker can access the data. All sorts of crooks do. They use the app and its resources to target you. The crooks spread malicious and misleading advertisements. One click is all it takes for a virus to be downloaded. The hijacker may redirect you to infected and scam websites, too. The Chromesearch Club hijacker exposes both your privacy and security at risk. Protect yourself! Take action against the intruder ASAP!
How to Remove Chromesearch Club virus
The Chromesearch Club infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Chromesearch Club infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Chromesearch Club related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Chromesearch Club startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Chromesearch Club virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Chromesearch Club traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Chromesearch Club by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Chromesearch Club
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Chromesearch Club, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Chromesearch Club argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Chromesearch Club Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.