Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove Smoke Loader Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
Smoke Loader is a member of the Trojan family. It’s a dangerous and damaging infection. One, you do not want on your computer. If the program makes its way into your system, you’re in trouble. As soon as it slithers into your PC, it connects to remote Command and Control (C&C) server. Once it does, it downloads its latest version. Also, it modifies the creation date of its executable. Thus, rendering itself invisible. It makes it impossible for you to detect it by checking the list of the latest files that got modified. If you do, it won’t be there. Furthermore, Smoke Loader removes read/write permissions. Therefore, blocking access to the executable. It does its best to tie your hands. The Trojan doesn’t end its meddling there. Oh, no. It influences pretty much every aspect of your system. It turns your browsing experience into a nightmare. It continues to redirect you, when you go online. As well as, flood your screen with ads. It replaces your default search engine and homepage. It slows down your computer, and causes frequent crashes. The Trojan eats up system resources, and space. And, lagging becomes a daily occurrence. But that’s not the worst issue, you face. Smoke Loader opens your PC to more unwanted malware. It uses your system’s resources to mine for digital currencies. Like, Bitcoin, Monero, and so on. That can lead to permanent data loss, among other things. Every additional second you allow Smoke Loader to remain, brings trouble. Its extended stay worsens your predicament by the minute. The sooner you get rid of it, the better.
How did I get infected with?
Smoke Loader is deceitful. The Trojan turns to the old but gold methods, when it comes to invasion. And, it not only succeeds to infiltrate your PC. But it also does it, without you even realizing it. The infection sneaks into your computer, unnoticed. And, you have yourself to blame for that. You got careless at a time that required extra vigilance. Let’s explain. The Trojan turns to the usual antics. And, that means, freeware, fake updates, corrupted links. And, of course, spam email attachments. It can send out emails from your account, to your contacts. If these people are as careless as you were, they end up with Smoke Loader, too. The nasty tool can even use your social media. And, spread itself to unsuspecting victims’ machines. People, who believe you sent them something trustworthy. Only to find they got stuck with a Trojan. You must be thorough, when dealing with supposed updates. Or, suspicious links or attachments. Always double-check everything. When installing tools off the web, be attentive. Don’t agree to anything without looking for the fine print. Do your due diligence. Even a little extra attention goes a long way. Caution helps to keep infections out of your PC. Carelessness invites them in. Make the right choice.
Why is this dangerous?
Trojans are hazardous cyber threats. They not only corrupt your system, but jeopardize your privacy, as well. Yes, the tool doesn’t stop at plaguing your system’s well-being. It places your personal and financial information in danger, too. The infection follows instructions to spy on you from the moment it invades. It tracks everything you do, and collects data on it. When it deems it has gathered enough information, it proceeds to send it. Smoke Loader hands over the stolen data to the cyber criminals, behind it. That includes your personal and financial details. IP address, bank and credit card details, which pages you frequent, the ads that entice you into clicks. And, that’s not even all of it. Are you going to allow that to happen? Are you okay with the Trojan stealing your sensitive data? Only to then proceed and expose it to strangers with agendas? Here’s some advice: DON’T! Follow experts’ advice, and cut its stay as short as possible. You won’t regret its prompt removal. It ensures your system’s well-being. And, keeps your privacy private.
Manual Smoke Loader Removal Instructions
The Smoke Loader infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Smoke Loader infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Smoke Loader related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Smoke Loader startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Smoke Loader virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Smoke Loader
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Smoke Loader, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Smoke Loader Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.