Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove Grdsvc.exe Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
The Grdsvc.exe virus is bad news. This parasite falls under the Trojan horse umbrella. The virus slithers into your computer through trickery and corrupts everything. Grdsvc.exe Trojan is very sneaky. Without having any symptoms, the parasite modifies your Registry, corrupts essential system files, and starts malicious processes. You cannot notice it in time to prevent its infiltration. Once settled, however, the parasite changes its behavior. It becomes very irritating. Grdsvc.exe Trojan is not the typical member of the Trojan family. Instead of targeting you, this particular parasite steals your computer resources. This Trojan is a coin miner. It forces your machine to dig cyber coins. Basically, the virus forces your system to perform accounting services for a coin platform. In exchange, it gets rewarded with fractions of the coin. The longer it serves, the bigger the profit. The coin mining process, however, is very intensive. It consumes an enormous amount of computer resources. Thus, it leaves your device barely usable. Grdsvc.exe causes system underperformance, unstable Internet connection, program failures, and frequent system crashes. The longer this continues, the bigger the chance you end up with serious hardware damage! Do not waste your time. Act against the Trojan. Remove it the first chance you get!
How did I get infected with?
Grdsvc.exe does not target individual victims. No, the Trojan uses mass-distribution strategies to reach a broad spectrum of potential victims. The parasite lurks behind software bundles, torrents, corrupted links, and fake updates. The good old spam emails are also commonly used. There are numerous malware distribution techniques. There is no need to know them all. Yet, you should always bear in mind that these methods deliver the parasite to your system. They don’t install it! Whether will the parasite enter your OS or not is entirely up to you. The key to a secure and infection-free computer is caution. Your caution can prevent future infection. Learn your lesson and don’t let other parasites thick you! Don’t visit shady websites. Download your software from reputable sources only. When available, use the advanced/custom installation option. And be extremely careful with your inbox. If you receive an unexpected message, take a minute to verify the sender. Lets’ say that the email is from your bank. Go to their official website. Compare the email addresses listed there to the one you’ve received a message from. If they don’t match, delete the pretender immediately. You can also enter the suspicious email address into a search engine. If it was used for shady business, someone might have complained online. And, of course, trust your instincts. If you feel that there is something shady going on, there probably is a good reason for that. You can never know where an infection might strike from. Don’t let your guard down. Be always vigilant!
Why is this dangerous?
Grdsvc.exe Trojan makes a terrible tenant. Once it calls your system “home,” expect only trouble. The parasite causes numerous issues. It is behind your slow system. Your apps take forever to load because of the Trojan. You can barely use your device. The Trojan interferes with your every action. It’s very frustrating. And, it all gets worse with the time passing. Do not put up with this situation. The parasite is more than a mere annoyance. Grdsvc.exe Trojan is very hazardous. This virus threatens to wreck your system. The aggressive coin mining takes a toll on your hardware. The Trojan uses your CPU at high temperatures and thus, shortens its life. Speaking of high temperatures, check your machine. It radiates heat, doesn’t it? As you know, that heat was originally electricity. Your machine runs on it, after all. The more busy it is, the more power it consumes. The nasty Trojan keeps it very busy. So, don’t be surprised when your next electricity bill arrives. The coin mining process is profitable only if you don’t use your own resources. The Trojan uses yours! You bought the hardware, you will also pay for the consumed electricity. The crooks make a mint at your expense! Stop this madness. Do what’s best for you and your computer’s well-being. Remove Grdsvc.exe Trojan ASAP!
Manual Grdsvc.exe Removal Instructions
The Grdsvc.exe infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Grdsvc.exe infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Grdsvc.exe related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Grdsvc.exe startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Grdsvc.exe virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Grdsvc.exe
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Grdsvc.exe, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Grdsvc.exe Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.