Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Remove Rango Win 7 Protection 2014 immediately!
Rango Win 7 Protection 2014 is a fictitious security tool, member of the Braviax family of rogue anti-virus programs. You may have come across other members of this group, for example, Win 7 Protection 2014, Win 7 Antivirus 2013, Win 8 Protection 2014, and so on. What you should remember about these applications is that they are unreliable and that they will not protect your system against malware or other infections. Thus, if Rango Win 7 Protection 2014 appears on your system, what you should do is delete it without hesitation.
How did I get infected with Rango Win 7 Protection 2014?
Applications like Rango Win 7 Antivirus 2014 are not likely to have their own official websites. Still, you can find the program advertised on some dubious third-party websites. The most common way of distribution, however, is through bundled downloads. The fake anti-spyware program must have entered your system after downloading another free application from a non-official source. The apps promoted on such websites are usually packed with a number of other additionally installed programs. They get set up automatically unless you uncheck the boxes containing the suggestions. This is why it is important to be attentive during the installation process.
Why is Rango Win 7 Protection 2014 dangerous?
The developers of Rango Win 7 Antivirus 2014 have put a lot of effort in making it look like a genuine security tool. And they have succeeded because many users seem to be misled by the program. Once it gets installed on your system, Rango Win 7 Protection 2014 will run a full scan and present you with results saying that there is a number of threats on your PC, and that you can only deal with them if you purchase the application’s full version. You should not fall for this trick as you will only end up losing money and your system will still remain unprotected. Delete Rango Win 7 Antivirus 2014 now and enjoy browsing the web without being interrupted by annoying warning messages.
Rango Win 7 Protection 2014 removal instructions
STEP 1: Start Your Computer into Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Make sure you do not have any floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs inserted in your computer
- Restart the computer
- When you see a table, start tapping the F8 key every second until you enter the Advanced Boot Options
- in the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking , and then press ENTER.
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type iexplore www.virusresearch.org/download-en
- your browser will open and a professional scanner will start downloading
- Follow the instruction and use the professional malware removal tool to detect the files of the virus.
- After performing a full scan you will be asked to register the software. You can do that or perform a manual removal.
To perform Manual removal you need to delete the following files and registry keys. These were in our case:
Please, have in mind that the names in your machine might be different as they are generated randomly,that’s why you run the professional scanner to identify the files. It is always a good idea to use a reputable anti-malware program after manual removal.