Remove Rango Win XP Antivirus 2014 immediately!
You may notice notifications by Rango Win XP Antivirus 2014 if you are using Windows XP operating system. What you should remember about these notifications is that they are fake, just like the program causing them to appear. Rango Win XP Antivirus 2014 is one of many rogue antispyware applications of the Braviax/FakeRean family of fictitious security tools. The program has been created with one single purpose which is to generate financial profit for its developers. Trusting Rango Win XP Antivirus 2014 with your virtual security is not advisable as it may result in infecting your system with malware.
How did I get infected with Rango Win XP Antivirus 2014?
Rango Win XP Antivirus 2014 looks very much like a genuine anti-virus application, although unlike those applications it is not represented officially. If it has appeared on your system, it means that it has entered without permission. This often happens when users click on random ads they see on various unknown websites. Sometimes, an ad pops up suggesting that you should check the condition of your system, and if you decide to click, a program like Rango Win XP Antivirus 2014 gets installed on your PC. Also, fake anti-virus applications infiltrate the system when downloading freeware from dubious web pages. This is why you should watch out for additionally installed software during the setup process.
Why is Rango Win XP Antivirus 2014 dangerous?
Once Rango Win XP Antivirus 2014 settles on your operating system, you will start receiving notifications every time you turn your computer on. These notifications will state that a certain infection or infections are present on your computer and that you can only delete them if you purchase the program’s full version. You should not do this because it means wasting money on a security tool that will not protect your system from threats but put it in danger. It is in your best interests to delete Rango Win XP Antivirus 2014 now, before some damaging consequences take place.
Rango Win XP Antivirus 2014 removal instructions
STEP 1: Start Your Computer into Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Make sure you do not have any floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs inserted in your computer
- Restart the computer
- When you see a table, start tapping the F8 key every second until you enter the Advanced Boot Options
- in the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking , and then press ENTER.
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type iexplore www.virusresearch.org/download-en
- your browser will open and a professional scanner will start downloading
- Follow the instruction and use the professional malware removal tool to detect the files of the virus.
- After performing a full scan you will be asked to register the software. You can do that or perform a manual removal.
To perform Manual removal you need to delete the following files and registry keys. These were in our case:
Please, have in mind that the names in your machine might be different as they are generated randomly, that’s why you run the professional scanner to identify the files. This infection also damages the Security Center (Wscsvc) Windows service. Once the infection is removed, you should repair these services manually. It is always a good idea to use a reputable anti-malware program after manual removal.