Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Point.lbyhby.com? This page includes detailed Point.lbyhby.com Removal instructions!
You must be sick and tired of being constantly redirected to the Point.lbyhby.com website. You don’t need to put up with this anymore. We are here to help you. In this article, we will provide information about this threat, as well as working guidelines on how to prevent future infections. The Point.lbyhby.com website is just the face of an adware infection that poisoned your computer. Forget about this site for now. Focus on the Point.lbyhby.com adware. You must remove it as soon as possible. This nasty parasite is responsible for the sea of ads you are sinking in. Every website you visit is heavy on ad banners. At the most unexpected times, pop-up windows appear right under the cursor of your mouse. On top of that, it appears that your computer is slowing down. Yes, all these issues are due to the Point.lbyhby.com adware working in the background. This malicious utility won’t stop terrorizing you. Luckily, you are stuck with a relatively easy to tackle type of infection. Follow our guide and you will remove it completely.
How did I get infected with?
This parasite did not appear as if by magic. It gained your permission to operate. In other words, you installed on your computer. Don’t be too harsh on yourself. You didn’t know what you are installing. The Point.lbyhby.com app was not the program you were promised. It must have arrived as a bundled program to some freeware or shareware you downloaded off the web. Developers will present such applications as useful tools, almost essential for your PC. Don’t trust a word you read. Be vigilant and doubting! Take a moment to consider the situation. If you truly needed such apps, you would have downloaded them by yourself. So, deny their installation. This is your computer. You are the one who decides what to be installed on it. Don’t let anyone take those decisions for you. Maybe you didn’t have the chance to stop the installation of this adware. When installing a program, never select the standard/fast installation wizard. This process is completely automatic. Once you initiate it, your permission will no longer be needed. Anything that came in the bundle will be installed without further ado. Your computer’s security is your responsibility and yours only. Never rush through an installation process. Opt for advanced tab or button. And read the terms and conditions. As annoying as this step may be, it is a good way to spot breaches. If you think something looks suspicious, there probably is a good reason for that. Abort the installation immediately. Update your anti-virus software and run a full scan of your system.
Why is this dangerous?
The Point.lbyhby.com adware is exposing you to numerous ads. As annoying and frustrating as they can be, they are not your biggest problem. You should be more concerned about your privacy. Everything you do online is monitored. Yes, that is right. The Point.lbyhby.com adware is spying on you. It is using the collected data to choose advertisements especially for you. It is also selling your data to third parties. Can you imagine that there are people willing to buy such information? Will, there are many potential buyers. They range from desperate marketing agents to dangerous hackers. Don’t be so surprised. Together with your online habits and shopping preferences, the Point.lbyhby.com adware can “see” your usernames, passwords and email addresses. Of course, there are people who would like to possess this information. Therefore, avoid banking services and social media while this parasite remains active on your computer. Actually, you should also avoid all advertisements. The adware is not checking what is being promoted. It doesn’t have parenting control either. Be extremely careful if you have kids. Some of the ads the adware displays may not be suitable for children. You should not put up with this madness. It is not too late to clean your computer. If you don’t feel confident in your computer skills, use a trustworthy anti-virus program to detect and remove all suspicious files and folders.
How to Remove Point.lbyhby.com virus
The Point.lbyhby.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Point.lbyhby.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Point.lbyhby.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Point.lbyhby.com in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Point.lbyhby.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Point.lbyhby.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Point.lbyhby.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Point.lbyhby.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Point.lbyhby.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Point.lbyhby.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Point.lbyhby.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Point.lbyhby.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.