Can’t Remove Point.lotusiloveyou.com? This page includes detailed Point.lotusiloveyou.com Removal instructions!
Point.lotusiloveyou.com is yet another adware infection. Just like all members of its family, this parasite is extremely invasive. It spreads like poison. If you fail to stop it on time, the outcome will be disastrous. This malicious utility has only one real goal: to generate revenue for its owners. To do so, it employs the so-called pay-per-click marketing mechanism. This means that the people behind the app will be paid for every ad you click on. However, you won’t click on any type advertisement, will you! So, it is in their best interest to expose you to appealing advertisements only. And this is precisely what they do. They programmed the Point.lotusiloveyou.com adware to monitor your online actions. The app will use the collected data to select ads that will appeal especially to you. And since the application has that data, why not sell it. Yes, that is right. Your data is available for sale to third parties. It includes your browsing habits, favorite websites, as well as your email addresses. Check your inbox. It is very likely that it is full of spam emails. The Point.lotusiloveyou.com utility brings nothing but trouble. It can turn your normal browsing into a nightmare. On top of everything else, this app is slowing your computer down. It works on your CPU and uses a massive amount of RAM. The more ads you see, the slower your computer will become. The Point.lotusiloveyou.com tool can cause some older machines to freeze and crash frequently. Don’t risk losing data. Remove this threat immediately.
How did I get infected with?
We have mentioned that the Point.lotusiloveyou.com adware is a program. This is correct. It is an actual application that is installed on your PC. Now, you must be wondering who did it? The answer is right before your eyes. You installed it! Unfortunately, there is no other way. These types of infection need the user’s permission to operate. However, don’t think that they will ask you openly. On the contrary. The Point.lotusiloveyou.com app will use misleading tactics to lure you into giving it your approval. This utility must have arrived as a bundled program to some freeware or shareware you downloaded off the Internet. Once you select the standard installation method, this “extra” will be installed without further ado. You can prevent this! Opt for a custom/advanced tab or button. Don’t hesitate to use it. This installation method is not complicated. It is a simple step-by-step installation wizard, just like the standard one. Yet, only under it can you see all additional applications that come along. Be prepared. They will be described as useful tools. Don’t rush! Consider the situation. If you truly need such apps, you would have downloaded them by yourself. So, deselect them. Furthermore, read the terms and conditions. Don’t neglect this step. It is a good way to spot breaches. If you spot anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation immediately. Other malware distribution methods include spam emails, torrents and corrupted ads. However, to succeed, all these methods rely on your carelessness. Be vigilant! Your caution can spare you many troubles in the future.
Why is this dangerous?
The Point.lotusiloveyou.com adware displays numerous annoying ads. Yet, some of them can be also dangerous. This utility has no checking mechanisms. Anyone with money can use it to promote. Hackers often use such services to spread corrupted ads and links. These malicious advertisements look normal, yet, if you click on them, hell will rise. One click is all it takes for a virus to be distributed to your computer. Have you heard of drive-by downloads? Well, they initiate without the user’s interaction or permission. You won’t even notice if one executes. The Point.lotusiloveyou.com adware is trouble enough. Don’t risk getting infected with something much more dangerous. Of course, not all ads displayed by the furtive utility are malicious. Yet, there is no way to tell which is which. If it’s possible, avoid all of them. The adware is creating an ad-layer that is hiding all advertisements by its competitors. You will only see what the tool allows you to see. Thus, it robs you of your free choice of information sources. Don’t become an easy target. Put an end to this torment. Use our guide or a trustworthy anti-virus program to track this parasite down and delete it on the spot!
How to Remove Point.lotusiloveyou.com virus
The Point.lotusiloveyou.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Point.lotusiloveyou.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Point.lotusiloveyou.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Point.lotusiloveyou.com in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Point.lotusiloveyou.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Point.lotusiloveyou.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Point.lotusiloveyou.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Point.lotusiloveyou.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Point.lotusiloveyou.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Point.lotusiloveyou.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Point.lotusiloveyou.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Point.lotusiloveyou.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.