Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove NetGaming Search hijacker virus? This page includes detailed NetGaming Search Removal instructions!
NetGaming Search is a representative of the hijacker category. It’s a pretty menacing program. One, you must NOT underestimate. It sneaks into your system undetected by use of trickery and finesse. Then, once inside, spreads its clutches throughout. It doesn’t take long before you begin to notice its influences. First off, it’s your browsing that suffers. The hijacker affects it most noticeably. Every time, you so much as touch your browser, you encounter intrusions. The infection redirects you to a variety of suspicious sites. All of which you must NOT trust. NetGaming Search also floods you with advertisements. You face banner, in-text, pop-up ads. Your screen gets overrun with disruptions. And, neither the sites nor the ads can be trusted. If you do, you WILL regret it. To click an ad, or link, is to set yourself up for further grievances. Accept that everything you see, while the hijacker remains, is unreliable. And, don’t think these intrusions go unnoticed. It doesn’t take long before they lead to consequences. Your system starts to suffer frequent crashes. Your computer slows down. It’s quite the nuisance. But a hijacker doesn’t only cause annoyance. It’s a hazardous infection. All the issues, mentioned so far fall under the ‘minor’ category. There are much worse ones, you encounter. In fact, they tend to worsen with time. The longer the NetGaming Search tool remains on your PC, the worse your predicament gets. Your problems escalate and evolve with time. So, heed experts’ advice! Delete the infection the first chance, you get. Don’t extend its stay by even a moment after detection.
How did I get infected with?
NetGaming Search turns to deception and finesse to invade. It’s quite masterful when it comes to tricking you. The tool manages to get you to permit its installment. All, while keeping you clueless. Do you know why that is? Well, it’s because of you. You gave into naivety and distraction. You chose to rush. You relied on luck, at a time, when you should have done the opposite. Confused? Don’t be. It’s pretty straightforward. The hijacker asked whether you agree to its installation. It asked if you’re okay with its admission. And, you did. You may not remember the exchange, but it did take place. You have no memory of it, because you chose carelessness over caution. And, you’re now stuck paying for that choice. The infection doesn’t outright appear to ask for your approval. That’s why, you must be extra attentive when installing tools or updates. Or, anything else off the web, for that matter! That’s how it attempts to sneak in. The tool lurks behind freeware, spam emails, corrupted links. It pretends to be a fake update. Like, Java or Adobe Flash Player. It’s up to you to spot it trying to slither in, and prevent its success. Vigilance is imperative to keeping an infection-free PC. Don’t forget it!
Why is this dangerous?
The worst part, of having a hijacker, is the security risk. Oh, yes. NetGaming Search jeopardizes your privacy. It follows instructions to spy on you from the moment, it invades. And, sure enough, after it settles, its espionage begins. The tool tracks every online move you make. But, worse yet, it keeps a record of it. That’s right. The infection records your activities. That means, it has access to your private details. Your personal and financial information is at its disposal. And, once it deems it has collected enough data, it sends it. To whom? Well, to the unknown individuals, who published it. Cyber criminals with agendas get a hold of your private data. And, after it falls into their hands, they can use it as they wish. Do you think that ends well for you? Don’t fool yourself. Do what’s best for you, and your system. Protect your privacy, and your computer’s well-being. As soon as you discover the hijacker’s presence, act against it! Locate the exact lurking place of NetGaming Search I. Then, delete it on discovery! Its prompt removal earns you a peace of mind. As well as the gratitude of your future self. And, remember! Delays lead to regrets. Act ASAP.
How to Remove NetGaming Search virus
The NetGaming Search infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the NetGaming Search infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down NetGaming Search related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate NetGaming Search startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean NetGaming Search virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean NetGaming Search traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the NetGaming Search by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by NetGaming Search
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for NetGaming Search, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove NetGaming Search argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove NetGaming Search Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.