Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove ChromeSearch.info hijacker virus? This page includes detailed ChromeSearch.info Removal instructions!
The ChromeSearch.info website is the face of a nasty browser hijacker. It enters your device in complete silence and wreaks havoc. Before you get the chance to act, it ruins your browsing experience. If you’ve never crossed paths with a browser hijacker, you are quite lucky. These parasites are a plague. The ChromeSearch.info hijacker is a classic parasite of the category. It injects various advertisements on every website you open. But, don’t imagine an advert or two. No, it covers your screen with coupons, discounts, and deals. Pop-ups and pop-unders appear at the most inconvenient time. The hijacker can also redirect your browser to sponsored web pages. But wait. There is more. It can also pause your online videos for commercial breaks. With the time passing, this pest gets more and more aggressive. You will see more and more advertisements. Your browser will get redirected more often. You will also notice that your computer underperforms. Your Internet Connection would also seem slower than usual. You will hate the experience. Yet, all these issues are nothing compared to the things the ChromeSearch.info hijacker does behind your back. The parasite monitors your browsing-related data. It uses the collected information to select appealing advertisements for you. It may sound good, but there is a catch. The collected data is never deleted. It is stored on a remote server. Anyone willing to spend some money can use the hijacker and its resources to target you with customized marketing campaigns. Crooks included. The ChromeSearch.info hijacker is turning you into an easy target. Do yourself a favor, remove this intruder now!
How did I get infected with?
To infect its victims, the ChromeSearch.info hijacker relies on their carelessness. If you were a bit more doubting, you would’ve prevented this infection. The hijacker usually hitches a ride with other software. Whenever you are installing a program, opt for the Advanced/Custom setup option. Under it, you will be given the opportunity to deselect all unwanted programs. If you use the Standard setup, on the other hand, all extra programs will be installed automatically. Your explicit approval won’t be needed. Other malware distribution methods include email attachments, torrents, and fake software updates. Only your caution can prevent these techniques from succeeding. The Internet is a dangerous place. It is roamed by many deadly viruses which use the same tricks as the hijacker. So, learn your lessons. Don’t let parasites like the ChromeSearch.info hijacker on board ever again!
Why is this dangerous?
The ChromeSearch.info hijacker is very intrusive. You should not tolerate this intruder. The more time it spends on your computer, the more problems will it cause. This parasite is more than a simple annoyance. It is actually jeopardizing your privacy and security. Once on board, the hijacker starts to track your activities. The collected data contains detailed information about your online preferences and habits. Everyone who uses the hijacker as an advertising platform can access this information and use it against you. Think twice before you click on the next great deal. It might as well be corrupted. A malicious advert may redirect you to infected or scam websites. Be very careful. If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably isn’t. The ChromeSearch.info hijacker is turning you into an easy target. It is ruining your browsing experience and causes your PC to perform poorly. You have no reason to put up with this intruder. We have provided a manual removal guide below this article. If you prefer automated solutions, you can always download a trustworthy anti-virus app. Choose your removal method and act. The sooner you clean your device, the better!
How to Remove ChromeSearch.info virus
The ChromeSearch.info infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the ChromeSearch.info infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down ChromeSearch.info related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate ChromeSearch.info startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean ChromeSearch.info virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean ChromeSearch.info traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the ChromeSearch.info by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by ChromeSearch.info
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for ChromeSearch.info, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove ChromeSearch.info argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove ChromeSearch.info Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.