Can’t Remove My.yoursearch.me hijacker virus? This page includes detailed My.yoursearch.me Removal instructions!
My.yoursearch.me is a malicious website, masquerading as a useful one. It claims to be a legitimate search engine. One that helps you get a better online experience, and improves your search results. Well, it does neither. It’s hazardous and harmful. Its very appearance on your screen is bad news. Why? Well, it’s a sign. The website signals that your system is no longer infection-free. But, in fact, it’s now a home to a browser hijacker. Hijackers are dangerous cyber threats. They cause an avalanche of grievances, and bring only negatives your way. Expect to gain nothing but headaches and issues from these tools. They throw you into a whirl of unpleasantness from the moment they invade. And, the longer they remain, the worse your predicament gets. That’s why, experts advise towards their swift removal. The My.yoursearch.me site is the clue to urge you into action. Once you spot it, find and remove the hijacker menace. And, you better hurry. The infection, hiding behind My.yoursearch.me, has a specific goal. It spies on you. After it sneaks in, it starts to track your browsing. It monitors every move you make And, not only that, but it records it. That means, it has a record of all your online activities. That includes your personal and financial details. But it gets even worse. Once it gets a hold of enough information, it sends it to the people, who published it. Are you going to let that happen? Protect your privacy, and delete the hijacker ASAP. My.yoursearch.me is your sign of action. Heed it.
How did I get infected with?
My.yoursearch.me shows up, courtesy of a hijacker. How do you imagine the hijacker ended up on your computer? It doesn’t just pop up, out of the blue. Programs, like it, require permission to enter. They cannot install themselves without following certain rules. A hijacker must ask for the user’s approval to install itself. And, it only proceeds with installment, after receiving it. If it doesn’t get your consent, it cannot access your PC. With that in mind, do you recall giving it? My.yoursearch.me is a clear sign, you did. Odds are, you have no memory of doing such a thing, though. And, it’s not a surprise that you don’t. The hijacker isn’t outright with its questioning. It’s the exact opposite. The tool relies on slyness and subtlety to dupe you into saying YES. It resorts to trickery, and the old but gold means of infiltration. Take, for example, freeware. The infection uses it as a shield to lurk behind, and conceal its presence. If you’re not cautious enough to spot it, it slips by you. So, be cautious! Every time, you’re dealing with freeware, or anything else off the web, be extra careful! Carelessness eases the infection’s infiltration. Don’t rush or give into naivety and haste. Do your due diligence every time you allow a tool, update, anything, into your system. It goes a long way. Be attentive enough to catch the threat in its sneaky attempts. And, foil them. Remember! Caution keeps infections away. Carelessness acts as a gateway to them.
Why is this dangerous?
My.yoursearch.me becomes your online shadow. The hijacker forces it on you at every opportunity. When you so much as touch your browser, the page pops up. It takes over your screen, non-stop. What’s worse, it’s not alone. The hijacker doesn’t stop at only forcing the site on you. It also floods your screen with advertisements. You suffer a myriad of interference when you go online. Open a new tab? Get redirected to My.yoursearch.me, and showered with pop-up ads. Type in a search? See an avalanche of ads come your way. As well as My.yoursearch.me among your suggested results. Browsing turns into a nightmare. You cannot make a single move without interference. And, you best believe, that has consequences. The incessant display of ads, and redirects, affects your system. It starts to crash all the time. Your computer’s performance slows down to a crawl, as well. Avoid the annoyance and frustration that follow the hijacker. And, more importantly, protect your privacy. Do NOT allow the threat to get access to your private life. Keep your personal and financial details private. And, away from the eyes of cyber criminals. As soon as My.yoursearch.me comes your way, acknowledge the danger, you’re in. Accept the existence of a browser hijacker on your PC. Find where it lurks. Then, delete it on discovery. The sooner, the better. It’s the best course of action, you can take.
How to Remove My.yoursearch.me virus
The My.yoursearch.me infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the My.yoursearch.me infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down My.yoursearch.me related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate My.yoursearch.me startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean My.yoursearch.me virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean My.yoursearch.me traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the My.yoursearch.me by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by My.yoursearch.me
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for My.yoursearch.me, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove My.yoursearch.me argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove My.yoursearch.me Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.