Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove DreamCompress ads? This page includes detailed ads by DreamCompress Removal instructions!
DreamCompress is not a program you should keep. This utility is categorized as adware. The parasite scans your computer for installed web browsers and adds its malicious extension to them. Unfortunately, there is no immune browser. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, all known browsers are vulnerable to the adware’s attacks. This parasite is a plague. It lurks in the shadows and causes havoc. It ruins your browsing experience and exposes your privacy to risk. The DreamCompress adware injects various advertisements on every web page you open. Don’t imagine an ad or two. No, the furtive utility will drown you in a sea of adverts. To make the matter worse, the parasite gets more and more aggressive with every passing day. Dozens and dozens of coupons, discounts, and great deals will cover every web page you open. Every time you as much as touch your browsers, pop-ups will cover your screen. Your browser will get constantly redirected to third-party websites. On top of that, your online videos will get paused for long commercial breaks. You will hate the experience. You will notice, however, that the ads are not random. The adware bases them on the data it has on you. Oh, yes. The parasite knows your preferences. It monitors your browsing related data, after all. The DreamCompress adware knows your every online step. Which websites you visit, what links you follow, what videos you watch. Even the Incognito mode cannot hide you. The collected data may seem unimportant to you, yet, a capable advertiser can use it to target you with customized marketing campaigns. The adware is selling your data for profit and by doing so, it turns you into an easy target. Protect yourself! Remove the DreamCompress adware for good!
How did I get infected with?
To reach its victims, the DreamCompress adware uses the classic strategies. You know them, spam email attachments, bogus updates and software bundles. What all these methods have in common is that they rely on your carelessness. If you are vigilant and doubting, you can prevent them from succeeding. Always keep your guard up. Download your software from reputable sources only. Don’t rush. Always take your time to install the programs properly. Developers often attach extra programs to the payload files of many apps. If you are reckless, you may install these questionable third-party apps unintentionally. Opt for the Advanced/Custom option in the Setup Wizard. Under it, you will be presented with a list of all extras that are about to be installed. Make sure you know what you are giving your approval to. Read the Terms and Conditions/End User License Agreements. If you spot anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation immediately. This is your computer, it’s up to you to keep it virus-free. The DreamCompress adware tricked you once. Don’t make the same mistake ever again. Always do your due diligence!
Why is this dangerous?
The DreamCompress adware is extremely intrusive. It is ruining your browsing experience and at the same time, it jeopardizes your privacy. This furtive utility collects information about you. It is also “sharing” the data. As long as they pay, anyone can use the adware and its resources to promote. All sorts of crooks do. They use the adware to spread misleading and, often times, malicious adverts. When you click on this utility’s advertisements, you risk ending up on a scam or infected website. Unfortunately, avoiding the ads is not an option. The DreamCompress adware is designed to generate clicks. It will flood you with ads. You will notice that websites that used to be ad-free are now heavy on banners, sliding panels, and in-text ads. When you least expect it, the adware opens pop-ups right under the cursor of your mouse. Not to mention that the adware can redirect you automatically to numerous bogus websites. This nasty DreamCompress adware is too hazardous to be kept on board. It is a serious breach of your security. The crooks can use it to steal your money or to further infect your device. Remove this pest ASAP. We have prepared a manual removal guide below this article. If you prefer automated solutions, you can also use a trustworthy anti-virus app. Choose your method and act!
How to Remove DreamCompress virus
The DreamCompress infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the DreamCompress infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down DreamCompress in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate DreamCompress startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean DreamCompress virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean DreamCompress traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the DreamCompress by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by DreamCompress
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for DreamCompress, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove DreamCompress argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove DreamCompress Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.