Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM ads? This page includes detailed ads by CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM Removal instructions!
Do not download software from CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM. This website is often reported for suspicious behavior. Close this page. If it reappears, you might have a problem. The CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM website promotes adware. Yet, the website itself is also promoted by adware. The crooks are using aggressive and misleading marketing strategies to turn you from a visitor into a customer. Do not be fooled by false promises. The CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM website has nothing to offer. Nothing except troubles. It advertises an application called “Search Awesome.” This tool has been classified as adware. It is programmed to bombard its victims with commercials. It injects banners, hyperlinks and in-text adverts on every web page you open. It can also redirect your web traffic to sponsored third-party pages. Such app was used on you too. This is how you ended up on the CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM website. You were redirected to it. Scan your computer for adware. These parasites can ruin your browsing experience in seconds. They display advertisements, pause your online videos and redirect your web traffic. By doing so, they slow both your Internet Connection and OS. These parasites are a pain in the neck that is hard to be tolerated. And it shouldn’t. Remove the intruder! We have provided a manual removal guide below this article. You can also use an automated solution. You have options. Clean your computer for good!
How did I get infected with?
The adware deceived you. It got you to approve its installation. Yes, that is right. You installed this parasite. Not intentionally, of course. The adware is nothing special. It is a computer application. And like any other app, it needs your permission. No permission — no installation. There is a big catch here, however. The adware doesn’t need to be straightforward. It is a master deceiver. This app uses a lot of trickery. It hides behind freeware and shareware. When you install apps, pay close attention to the fine print. You might install more than one utility. The so-called software bundling technique is quite popular amount developers. They attach “bonus” programs to the payload files of many free tools. Before you click on that “Accept” button, make sure you know what you are giving your permission to. If you are offered an Advanced/Custom installation, by all means, select it. Under it, you will be given the opportunity to deselect all extra apps that are about to be installed. Also, read The Terms and Conditions/End User License Agreement (EULA). If you spot anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation immediately. Other malware distribution methods include spam emails, bogus software updates, and torrents. The CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM page appeared because you were careless. Do not make this mistake ever again. Even a little extra caution goes a long way.
Why is this dangerous?
The adware is a menace. This parasite drowns its victims in advertisements. However, it does not display random commercials. The adware monitors your browsing-related data. It uses the collected information as a base for better ad-targeting. Thus, if you enter “sneakers” into some search engine, the adware will display ads for sports shoes. And this can be a problem. Anyone who uses the adware as an advertising platform can access this data. All sorts of crooks can target you with custom marketing campaigns. Furthermore, the adware has no verifying mechanism. It doesn’t distinguish between legitimate pages and bogus ones. The CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM website is just one of many. With the adware on board, you are very likely to be redirected to scam websites. Do not trust a word you read. If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably isn’t. Keep in mind that one click is all it takes for a virus to be downloaded. Take the appearance of the CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM website as a warning. It is a bright neon sign that there is a problem with your computer. The adware should be removed as soon as possible. It is a breach of your security. Choose your removal method and act. The sooner you clean your device, the better!
How to Remove CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM virus
The CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove CHAUMONTTECHNOLOGY.COM Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.