Can’t Remove Brightonclick ads? This page includes detailed ads by Brightonclick Removal instructions!
Do you see adverts provided by Brightonclick? If you do, the news is not great. Unfortunately, it’s true. Your computer is no longer infection-free. It harbors a nasty ad-generating app. You have the Brightonclick adware on board. This parasite is a classic adware. It invades your machine and wreaks havoc. Following a successful installation, the adware infects your web browsers. If you have more than one, be sure. All of them are affected. Or, to be precise, they are infected. Brightonclick uses your browser to spy on your online activities. It knows which websites you visit, what search inquiries you make, what links you follow. Even the Incognito mode of your browser cannot hide you from the adware. This app knows everything. It uses the collected information to target you with advertisements. Thus, if you enter “sneakers” into some search engine, the adware will start to display numerous coupons and discounts for sports shoes. Don’t be fooled by these adverts. They are not trustworthy. Anyone willing to spend some money can use the adware as an advertising platform. The adware is often used by crooks. So, do not trust a word you read. The parasite will display irresistible offers. Be strong! Don’t follow them. They might redirect you to scam websites. Speaking of which, the Brightonclick adware can redirect your browser automatically. The owners of the app get paid for every sponsored page you get redirected to. So, don’t be surprised when new tabs start to open automatically. It’s not your browser’s fault. It’s the adware that is doing it. This utility is extremely intrusive. It displays too many commercials for your browser to function properly. We recommend you to remove the intruder. You don’t need to suffer its aggressive ad-bombardment. You can delete the parasite manually or automatically. The sooner you do it, the better!
How did I get infected with?
The Brightonclick adware is distributed via trickery. This parasite usually hitches a ride with other software. The so-called software bundling technique is quite popular nowadays. Developers attach extra apps to the payload files of many free tools. Whenever you are installing a program, opt for red flags. If you are offered an Advanced installation, by all means, select it. Under it, you will be presented with a list of all “bonus” programs that are about to be installed. Make sure you know what you are approving on board. Read the Terms and Conditions/End User License Agreement (EULA). If you spot anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation. Also, bear n mind that you can deselect all extras and still install the program you originally planned to set up. This is your computer, you are in charge of what is being installed on it. It is up to you to keep your machine clean. Other malware distribution methods you should keep an eye out for are the good old spam emails, torrents, and fake software updates. Even a little extra caution goes a long way. Don’t be lazy. Always do your due diligence!
Why is this dangerous?
The Brightonclick adware is a pain in the neck that is hard to be tolerated. This infection uses your browser to bombard you with commercials. Every time you go online, dozens of coupons, discounts and “great deals” cover your screen. You cannot surf the web normally. What is worse, your computer seems to underperform. No, you are definitely not imagining this issue. The adware is slowing your PC. This parasite consumes an enormous amount of RAM. It can cause both your browser and OS to freeze and crash. Yet, these issues are nothing compared to the things Brightonclick does behind your back. This parasite spies on you. It monitors your online activities and sells the collected data. With the adware on board, there is nothing private anymore. Anyone who is willing to pay can access your data pack. All sorts of crooks can use it to target you with custom marketing campaigns. Be careful online. If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably isn’t. With the adware on board, you are far more likely to be redirected to scam and infected websites that to legitimate ones. This utility is a giant hole in your security wall. Remove the Brightonclick adware before it causes serious damage.
How to Remove Brightonclick virus
The Brightonclick infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Brightonclick infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Brightonclick in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Brightonclick startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Brightonclick virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Brightonclick traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Brightonclick by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Brightonclick
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Brightonclick, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Brightonclick argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Brightonclick Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.