This article can help you to remove Yeadesktop.exe Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
Yeadesktop.exe is a malicious file, part of the Trojan family. As soon as it slithers into your system, act against it! It’s a dangerous and damaging threat. And, it has NO place on your PC! The more you extend its stay, the worse your predicament gets. The Trojan eats up your resources and space. It launches countless malicious processes. Its presence on your PC causes many of your programs to crash. Applications that used to run fine, start crashing, and refuse to even run. Your Internet access gets restricted, or blocked altogether. And, when you do manage to go online, you get flooded with intrusions. You get bombarded with a plethora of ads. Pop-up, banner, in-text, and even video and music ads. You also get redirected to a myriad of third-party pages. And, everything you see with the Trojan on board, is unreliable and malicious. Press nothing! Clicks only further your troubles. And, that’s only the beginning of your troubles. Issues evolve with time. They grow in severity. Don’t allow the escalation. Protect your system from the hazardous Yeadesktop.exe threat. Locate its exact hiding place. Then, delete it on discovery. The sooner it leaves your system, the better.
How did I get infected with?
The Yeadesktop.exe tool slips by you, undetected. It manages to invade your system, without you realizing it. How? Well, with the help of the old but gold invasive methods. It hides behind corrupted links, sites, and torrents. Hitches a ride with spam emails and freeware. And, poses as a system or program update. However, no matter the method, it still needs your help. Oh, yes. No method can prove successful without your assistance. The Trojan needs your carelessness. It preys on it. It relies on you to rush, and skip doing due diligence. To disregard the importance of reading terms and conditions. To rely on luck, and leave your fate to chance. Your distraction, haste, and naivety ease its infiltration Don’t provide them. Make sure to always do your due diligence. Even a little extra attention goes a long way. It can save you countless troubles. Caution helps you catch cyber threats in the act of attempting invasion. And, preventing their success. Carelessness does not. It has the opposite outcome. Make the right choice. Choose caution.
Why is this dangerous?
The Trojan lowers your security. It turns off your anti-virus program and firewall. And, makes your system vulnerable to outside threats. Because of the infection, you run the risk of getting stuck with more infections. Your PC can get filled to the brim with malware. You can get stuck with The Blue Screen of Death, on a daily basis. Your screen can start to display countless error messages. Not to mention, that’s not even the worst part of harboring a Trojan. The Yeadesktop.exe threat spies on you. It has instruction to begin its espionage, following invasion. And, it does. It keeps track of your every online move, and records it. That means, it has a record everything you do. Let that sink in for a moment. Ads and links you click, pages you frequent, social media accounts. Credit card and bank account details, passwords, logins. Once the Trojan deems it has gathered enough data, it sends it. Yes, it hands it over to the unknown individuals that published it. Cyber criminals get access to your personal and financial data. Don’t allow that! Don’t stand by as the Yeadesktop.exe Trojan runs rampant on your PC. Don’t let it steal and expose your sensitive information. Ensure your system’s well-being, and keep your privacy private. As soon as you become aware of the cyber menace’s stay, act against it. Yeadesktop.exe has no place on your PC. There aren’t enough ways to stress that.
Manual Yeadesktop.exe Removal Instructions
The Yeadesktop.exe infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Yeadesktop.exe infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Yeadesktop.exe related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Yeadesktop.exe startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Yeadesktop.exe virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Yeadesktop.exe
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Yeadesktop.exe, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Yeadesktop.exe Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.