This article can help you to remove Xmrmsft.com/hive.html Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
Xmrmsft.com/hive.html is a coin mining Trojan. This virus uses trickery to sneak into your computer. It is very stealthy. You cannot notice the parasite in time to prevent its infiltration. In complete silence, the Trojan alters your settings, modifies your Registry, and corrupts essential system folders. The parasite wastes no time and corrupts your entire system. Once successfully installed, the Trojan changes its behavior. It becomes very annoying and intrusive. This parasite throws its victims into a whirlwind of issues. You face system underperformance, program failures, system crashes, and odd warnings. Xmrmsft.com/hive.html follows instructions to steal your computer’s resources. This Trojan turns your machine into a coin miner. Basically, the Trojan forces your device to perform accounting services for a coin platform. In exchange for its assistance, your device gets rewarded with fractions of the coin. The money, of course, is not transferred to you, but to the crooks’ wallet. As for you, you are stuck with the side effects of the mining process. The coin mining process is very intensive. It requires a lot of computer resources. And the Trojan doesn’t hesitate to take what it needs. Xmrmsft.com/hive.html takes everything your computer has to offer all leaves nothing for you. Thus, the parasite causes your system to slow down to a crawl. Do not put up with this situation. Get back in control of your device. Remove the Trojan for good. The sooner this invader is gone, the better!
How did I get infected with?
Xmrmsft.com/hive.html does not target individual victims. The parasite has other plans. It uses mass-distribution strategies to reach a broad spectrum of potential victims. The parasite lurks behind fake updates, torrents, and spam emails. It may also arrive hidden in a software bundle. These distribution methods deliver the virus to your system. They don’t install it. The Trojan needs an invitation to enter your OS. Yet, as you can imagine, it knows how to steal one. The parasite relies on your carelessness to lure you into installing it unintentionally. All it needs to succeed, is one second of recklessness. Do not make its job easier. Be vigilant and doubting! Your caution can keep your computer virus-free. Don’t visit shady websites. Download your software from reputable sources only. Use the advanced setup option when available. And, of course, be very careful with your inbox. The good old spam emails are still the number one cause of Trojan infections. If you receive an unexpected message, don’t interact with it. Take a minute to verify its sender first. If the suspicious email is from an organization, your bank, for example, go to their official website. Compare the email addresses listed there to the one you’ve received a letter from. If they don’t match, delete the pretender immediately.
Why is this dangerous?
The Xmrmsft.com/hive.html Trojan has no place on your computer. It prevents you from using your device normally. The parasite causes program failures, system crashes, and Internet connection instabilities. It wreaks your system. Do not focus on these issues, though. These are minor inconveniences compared to the things that happen behind your back. Xmrmsft.com/hive.html is dangerous. As any other Trojan horse, this one is also a breach of your security. The parasite has control over your system and may install other parasites. It may also try to steal your personal and financial details. And that’s not even the worst of it. Xmrmsft.com/hive.html also threatens to wreck your hardware. The Trojan ceaselessly uses your CPU at very high temperatures. Thus, the parasite shortens your CPU’s life significantly. Furthermore, let’s not forget that the dreaded heat was originally electricity. To run its processes, the Trojan consumes an enormous amount of power. So, don’t be surprised when your next electricity bill arrives. The coin mining process is profitable only if you don’t use your own resources. The crooks use yours. They make a mint at your expense! Don’t become their sponsor. Remove the Trojan ASAP!
Manual Xmrmsft.com/hive.html Removal Instructions
The Xmrmsft.com/hive.html infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Xmrmsft.com/hive.html infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Xmrmsft.com/hive.html related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Xmrmsft.com/hive.html startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Xmrmsft.com/hive.html virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Xmrmsft.com/hive.html
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Xmrmsft.com/hive.html, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Xmrmsft.com/hive.html Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.