Can’t Remove X-webno1.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed X-webno1.com Removal instructions!
A new browser hijacker uses the X-webno1.com website as a front. The parasite sneaks into your computer and sets that website as your homepage. The X-webno1.com hijacker is a tricky parasite which corrupts your web browsers. Once it calls your browser “home,” prepare for trouble. The parasite changes its behavior. It becomes very pushy. The hijacker forces numerous reshuffles on you. It replaces both your homepage and default search engine. This done, and it starts to interfere with your every online activity. It doesn’t matter whether you type a search query or watch a video, the hijacker is always there to annoy you. This intrusive parasite follows orders to flood you with advertisements. It injects various adverts on every website you visit. The hijacker displays numerous banner, in-text, and pop-up adverts every time you as much as touch your browser. Every time you click on one, the hijacker gets paid. Thus, it doesn’t limit their number. The more adverts you see, the bigger the chance you click. If you, however, manage to resist the urge to do so, the hijacker changes its tactics. It starts browser redirection. The hijacker loads sponsored websites in new tabs and windows. This aggressive advertising is very annoying and intrusive. But it’s more than that. It takes a toll on your device. The X-webno1.com hijacker causes system underperformance, browser crashes, and Internet connection instability. The parasite has no place on your computer. It is intrusive, annoying and menacing. Do not put up with it. Get rid of this invader for good.
How did I get infected with?
The X-webno1.com hijacker cannot hack your computer. The parasite is not that advanced. It needs an invitation to enter your system. As you can imagine, the parasite knows how to steal one. The hijacker hides in software bundles, fake updates, and torrents. It lurks in the shadows and waits for you to make a mistake. All it needs to succeed is one second of carelessness. Do not make its job easier. No anti-virus app can protect you if you act recklessly. Only your caution can keep your device secure and virus-free. Don’t visit shady websites. Download your software from reputable platforms only. When available, use the advanced/custom setup option. Bear in mind that most of the apps we download off the web come bundled with bonus programs. The extras, unfortunately, are often parasites. You can prevent the unwanted apps from installing only under the advanced installation. Also, before you click on that “Accept” button, read the terms and conditions. If you cannot spare enough time to read the whole document, scan it with an online EULA analyzer. If you detect anything suspicious, abort the installation!
Why is this dangerous?
The X-webno1.com hijacker is like a pain in the neck: the more you tolerate it, the worse it becomes. It all starts with an occasional online advert. But it soon escalates to a constant online interference. The parasite doesn’t miss a chance to interrupt you with adverts. It covers your favorite websites with adverts, redirects your browser to sponsored websites, and opens pop-ups. The parasite knows no boundaries. It even dares pause your online videos for commercial breaks. Don’t let these annoying adverts distract you from the real problem, though. The X-webno1.com hijacker also jeopardizes your privacy. The parasite spies on you. It monitors your browsing related data. Even the Incognito mode of your browser cannot hide you. The hijacker knows your every online step. And when it deems it has enough data, the parasite proceeds to send it. To whom? To the unknown individual who published it! These people are criminals who use the collected data against you. They use it to target you with adverts, as well as sell access to it. Anyone willing to spend some money can use the X-webno1.com hijacker as an advertising platform. Hundreds of crooks do. They use the parasite and its resources to create irresistible adverts and to push them on you. The crooks show you what you want to see, but when you click, bad things happen. The X-webno1.com hijacker is very likely to redirect you to phishing, scan and infected websites. This parasite turns you into an easy target! Do not risk your security! Remove the hijacker before it gets a chance to lure you into an online trap!
How to Remove X-webno1.com virus
The X-webno1.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the X-webno1.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down X-webno1.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate X-webno1.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean X-webno1.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean X-webno1.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the X-webno1.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by X-webno1.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for X-webno1.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove X-webno1.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove X-webno1.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.