This article can help you to remove Win32/Delf.NRJ Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
Win32/Delf.NRJ is the name of a dangerous Trojan Horse. This virus is the definition of threat. It sneaks into your PC and corrupts your entire OS. Win32/Delf.NRJ opens your OS to numerous online threats, including other viruses, DDoS attacks, and data theft. That’s the nature of the Trojan. It acts as a backdoor to your PC. The hackers can use it to manipulate your device remotely. Security researchers also add that the parasite may attempt to corrupt other devices that share the same network with the infected PC. The virus is a worm-like Trojan that is highly dangerous, especially for corporate networks. You are in a bad situation. The more time this Trojan spends on your device, the worse your predicament gets. Your best and only course of action is the immediate removal of the virus. Before you attempt any removal operations, however, bear in mind that this Trojan is an advanced virus. It mislabels its files and places them in various locations. If you fail to remove all components of the parasite, it is likely to reinstall itself. Win32/Delf.NRJ is a threat that should be removed completely. Consider using a reputable removal tool.
How did I get infected with?
Win32/Delf.NRJ lurks behind freeware, fake updates, corrupted links, and pirated software. It might also infect your device through rootkits and other malware. More often than not, however, this virus travels the web hidden in spam messages. That’s right! The good old spam emails are still used for virus distribution. The scheme, however, is quite different. The crooks no longer rely on malicious attachments. They use them, but they also embed corrupted links. One click is all this virus needs to infect your machine. Do not make that mistake! The Trojan preys on your naivety. This virus counts on you to give into recklessness. Do not make its job easier! No anti-virus can protect you if you throw caution to the wind. Only your actions can keep your PC secure and free of infections. So, don’t be lazy. Choose caution over carelessness! Always take the time to do your due diligence. Be very careful with your inbox. Whether it’s an instant message or an email, treat all unexpected messages as potential threats. Always verify their senders. If, for example, you receive an email from an organization, go to their official website. Compare the email addresses listed there to the suspicious one. If they don’t match, delete the pretender. You can also enter the suspicious addresses into a search engine. If they were used for business, someone might have complained online. Even a little extra attention can spare you an avalanche of problems!
Why is this dangerous?
Win32/Delf.NRJ is a nightmare. As soon as this virus sneaks into your computer, corruption follows. The Trojan messes with your Task Manager, Registry, and settings. It corrupts essential system processes and affects every component of your operating system. This meddling, of course, happens without any noticeable symptoms. The virus is almost undetectable. And if you are not sure, that’s very bad. Win32/Delf.NRJ runs in the shadows of your OS and acts as a backdoor. The virus helps other malware and viruses infect your PC, as well as allows its publishers to command your system remotely. Do you think that ends well? The Trojan has unrestricted control over your computer. It can execute any .exe file. The virus may flood your device with annoying ads, lure you into online scams, redirect you to deceptive websites. And that’s only the tip of the iceberg. The virus also jeopardizes your privacy. This nasty intruder threatens to steal sensitive information such as your login credentials and financial details. And as if that’s not bad enough, but it might also steal, delete or corrupt the files that you keep on your PC. Win32/Delf.NRJ causes quite a mess. This virus has only one purpose: to serves the interests of its criminal creators. Do not wait to see what these criminals plan for your device. As soon as you become aware of the Trojan’s presence, take action. Find where this intruder hides and delete it upon detection. The sooner you remove Win32/Delf.NRJ, the better!
Manual Win32/Delf.NRJ Removal Instructions
The Win32/Delf.NRJ infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Win32/Delf.NRJ infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Win32/Delf.NRJ related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Win32/Delf.NRJ startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Win32/Delf.NRJ virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 3: Undo the possible damage done by Win32/Delf.NRJ
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Win32/Delf.NRJ, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Win32/Delf.NRJ Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.