Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove Vulkaninfo.exe Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
If you have updated your graphics card’s drivers, you might have ended up with the Vulkaninfo.exe process. This process is part of the driver package, yet many users are confused and irritated by it. The Vulkaninfo.exe utility doesn’t ask for your explicit approval. So, it is not a surprise that the users are turning to the Internet in a search of an answer. Is this process safe or not? It used to be safe. Now, it is not. The crooks are taking advantage of the confusion. They have created a Trojan horse which uses the same name. If you are not sure whether your computer is infected or not, check if your copy of Vulkaninfo.exe is signed by LunarG. If it is not, you are in trouble. The Vulkaninfo.exe Trojan is quite dangerous. It is unpredictable. Once on board, it infects your entire system. It modifies your System Registry and corrupts essential files. The Trojan causes system errors and unexpected crashes. This parasite may cause some program of yours to crash and stop working. Like your anti-virus app, for example. You should remove this infection immediately. It is too hazardous to be kept on board. The Trojan is a backdoor to your computer. The hackers can use it to further infect your device with other viruses and malware. Do not waste your time. Use a trustworthy anti-virus app and remove this threat. We have also provided a manual removal guide below this article. Choose your removal method and act. The sooner you clean your computer, the better!
How did I get infected with?
The Vulkaninfo.exe trojan is distributed via spam emails, fake program/driver updates, and software bundling. A little extra caution can prevent these techniques from succeeding. Whenever you are installing a program, opt for the Advanced installation option in the Setup Wizard. Under it, you will be given the opportunity to deselect all unwanted programs. Developers often attach “bonus” programs to the payload files of many free apps. These bonuses, more often than not, are malicious. Make sure you know what you are giving your approval to. Install only the programs you trust. Always read the terms and Conditions/EULA. If you spot anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation immediately. Also, the updating process is not to be neglected either. Most programs have built-in update systems. Use it. If you have to download something from the Web, go to a trustworthy website. Scan everything with your anti-virus app. Avoid using torrents. And, of course, be careful with the spam emails.
Why is this dangerous?
The Vulkaninfo.exe Trojan is a menace. This parasite enters your computer in complete silence and wreaks havoc. It modifies your system settings, corrupts files, causes your apps to crash. It also slows down your once fast computer. These issues seem more annoying than dangerous. Yet, be warned. The hackers can command the Trojan remotely. They can use it to infect your machine with more viruses. They may even turn your machine into a part of a botnet. There are numerous possibilities. What will happen depends on the hackers and what they need. Yet, all possible outcomes are unwanted. The Trojans are the most feared cyber thereat. There is a good reason for that. These parasites are unpredictable. They can ruin your computer. Do not wait to see what will happen to your machine. Remove the Vulkaninfo.exe Trojan before it is too late.
Manual Vulkaninfo.exe Removal Instructions
The Vulkaninfo.exe infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Vulkaninfo.exe infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Vulkaninfo.exe related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Vulkaninfo.exe startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Vulkaninfo.exe virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Vulkaninfo.exe
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Vulkaninfo.exe, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Vulkaninfo.exe Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.