Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove Volgmer Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
The Volgmer virus is nothing but a nasty Trojan horse. This parasite sneaks onto the victim’s computer in complete and utter silence. It then begins to make modifications. As you could imagine, the infection doesn’t bother to seek your permission. Instead, Volgmer makes unauthorized changes in your system registry. Some important system files get damaged and others get altered. Either way, your machine starts displaying unusual behavior. Keep in mind that Trojans don’t tend to manifest the fact your PC is infected. In other words, there are a few tell-tale signs of the parasite’s presence. To be able to spot the virus, pay attention to the way your device behaves. If the computer underperforms, if it crashes or freezes, this is bad news. Trojans take up a lot of CPU memory. Hackers practically take advantage of your PC resources so your online experience is no longer up to you. As long as the Trojan is present, you remain a sponsor of cyber criminals. Are you willing to support the questionable, illegal business of crooks? We assume that you aren’t. Hence, bear in mind you don’t have to keep the Trojan horse on board. The more time this program manages to spend on board, the more problematic it gets. Volgmer alters some default PC settings and might modify your browsers as well. It goes without saying that if your browsers get altered, you can wave your browsing activities goodbye. The parasite could inject all of them with sponsored, immensely unreliable pop-ups. These commercials must be avoided because you don’t want to accidentally compromise your safety further, do you? Restrain yourself from clicking anything the parasite might generate. Now that you have a vicious infection on board, browsing the Web isn’t safe anymore. It isn’t fun anymore either. Volgmer might alter your search engine or default homepage. You see, the Trojan could absolutely demolish your entire online experience. Getting constantly redirected and coming across fake pop-ups are just some of the issues Volgmer may create.
How did I get infected with?
As mentioned, malware usually gets spread online behind the victim’s back. After all, not many people would voluntarily infect their computers. The Volgmer virus must have applied some stealthy technique to land on your device too. What is the key to your safety? You have to always keep an eye out for potential intruders. Don’t be gullible to think you can’t fall a victim to some pesky cyber parasite. You could and, unless you’re careful online, you might. Don’t make the same mistake twice. Stay away from unverified websites and illegitimate programs. When installing bundled freeware or shareware, take your time. Make sure there are no additional “bonuses” hiding in the bundles you download. Such bonuses might be browser hijackers, more Trojans and ransomware viruses. Be cautious so you don’t have to tackle a parasite afterwards. Whether your machine will remain virus-free or not, is up to you. Be attentive and you’ll see that it is worth it. Many viruses also travel the Web via bogus torrents, third-party ads, exploit kits. Last but not least, restrain yourself from opening any suspicious-looking emails or messages. You won’t regret it.
Why is this dangerous?
The Volgmer pest exposes you to various threats and serves as a back door to malware. Unless you take immediate action, this program could worsen your already bad situation significantly. Don’t take any chances when it comes to your security. Get rid of the Trojan horse ASAP instead. Apart from modifying your PC settings, Volgmer steals your browsing-related information. It successfully jeopardizes your privacy and hackers could gain effortless profit at your expense. The parasite spies on all your email addresses, passwords, usernames, IP addresses. Your very own browsing history gets monitored as well. Long story short, there is no guarantee Volgmer won’t attempt to steal some personally identifiable details. Yes, that includes your bank account information. To prevent serious, irreversible damage, tackle the Trojan right away. Deleting Volgmer will protect you from financial scams or even identity theft. Please follow our detailed manual removal guide down below.
Manual Volgmer Removal Instructions
The Volgmer infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Volgmer infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Volgmer related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Volgmer startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Volgmer virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Volgmer
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Volgmer, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Volgmer Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.