Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 7-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove Upup.exe Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
As you can tell, Upup.exe is a dangerous PC virus. It belongs to the troublesome Trojan horse family and causes a real mess on your machine. The moment you realize you’re dealing with a Trojan, you have to take measures. Get rid of the sneaky Upup.exe as soon as possible. There is a reason most people dread Trojan horses and fear these infections. Apart from being beyond aggressive and harmful, Trojans are also immensely secretive. Take Upup.exe, for example. This program works behind your back and without seeking your permission. Instead, the virus bypasses all your opinions about your very own computer. Now that you’re stuck with this parasite, your online experience is no longer up to you. It is up to the parasite’s developers. Upup.exe messes with your default computer settings. That means some important system files get modified by the Trojan. You will also notice that your device is slower than usual because this program is using its resources. Yes, hackers are currently taking advantage of your device in order to make money. Unless you delete the parasite right away, you get involved in crooks’ questionable, illegal schemes. We assume that you aren’t trying to become a sponsor of hackers’ business. Then why keep their creation on board? Upup.exe alters many system files and straight up damages others. Eventually, some of your programs won’t run due to these changes. Remember that all modifications happen in silence so it may take you a while to realize you’re dealing with malware. How can you tell there is a Trojan horse on your machine? First of all, pay attention to the PC speed. If your machine crashes or freezes frequently, that may be a sign of a virus. Also, such parasites could make changes in your browser settings as well. Watch out for random pop-ups, pop-unders, banners and other similar commercials. These get generated by the virus and are extremely tricky. Stay away from any advertisement you may see on your PC screen. Know they are all sponsored and attempt to lure you into clicking them. Unfortunately, clicking would make matters worse so be careful.
How did I get infected with?
The infection must have been sent to your inbox. This is the most efficient and commonly applied technique when it comes to Trojans. Thus, chances are, Upup.exe used that same tactic. Next time you come across some spam email or message, don’t hesitate to delete it. If the email/message is corrupted, opening it would let the infection loose. You’re the one who will have to tackle the parasite later on so put your safety first. Keep an eye out for fake job applications or suspicious-looking emails from shipping companies. It is your responsibility to prevent malware infiltration. Be cautious online and your machine will remain virus-free. Upup.exe often uses bogus software updates as well as exploit kits to travel the Web. We’d recommend that you avoid unverified websites. Last but not least, Trojans get spread online via malicious torrents and freeware/shareware bundles. Be careful when surfing the Internet. It is worth it.
Why is this dangerous?
Upup.exe alters your default PC settings. It leads to a poor PC performance and might even affect your Internet connection. In addition, the parasite might inject your browsers with sponsored pop-up ads. That includes various product deals in various shapes that bombard you on a daily basis. You could also get redirected to malicious websites and accidentally install more infections. Due to the Trojan’s presence, it is very easy to compromise your security further. Also, Upup.exe serves as a back door to malware. The parasite could help some vicious ransomware-type virus get downloaded. Therefore, you cannot afford to keep Upup.exe on board. This pest collects your personal information as well. It shamelessly steals your IP addresses, browsing history, passwords, etc. Hackers might attempt to also monitor your bank account details too. Upup.exe is a constant threat that may result in identity theft or some financial scam. It could also grant hackers remote control over your entire computer. To delete the infection manually, please follow our detailed removal guide. You will find it down below.
Manual Upup.exe Removal Instructions
The Upup.exe infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Upup.exe infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Upup.exe related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Upup.exe startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Upup.exe virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Upup.exe
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Upup.exe, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Upup.exe Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.