Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove Trojan.Gen.MBT Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
Trojan.Gen.MBT is yet another Trojan horse. This virus slithers into your system and corrupts everything. It alters settings, corrupts essential folders and processes, modifies the registry, and starts dangerous processes. This, of course, happens without any noticeable symptoms. The virus is designed to be stealthy. It runs in the background, as well as camouflages its files and processes. The sneaky Trojan poses as a legitimate app. It pretends to be a system tool. This trickster knows how to hide. It lurks in the shadows and plots against you. Do not underestimate the situation! Trojan.Gen.MBT is a complete and utter menace. It throws you into a whirlwind of problems. The Trojan affects every aspect of your computer-related activities. It opens questionable warnings, triggers errors, loads advertisements. The parasite makes a mess of your system and ruins your user experience. And the worst part is that these annoying problems are just the side effects of the Trojan’s operations. The true corruption is invisible to the naked eye. The Trojan weakens your system’s security and opens your OS to malicious interference. This nasty virus jeopardizes both your security and privacy. It threatens to steal sensitive information, as well as to wreck your OS beyond repair. Do not waste time in debates. The more time this virus spends on your system, the worse your predicament gets. Your best course of action the immediate removal of the virus.
How did I get infected with?
Torrents, fake updates, corrupted websites, spam emails. There are myriads of Trojan distribution methods. And Trojan.Gen.MBT uses all known tricks. This virus lurks in the shadows and waits for you to let your guard down. It attacks when you least expect it. The virus preys on your carelessness and naivety. Do not make its job easier. No anti-virus app can protect you if you throw caution to the wind. Only your actions can keep your OS virus-free. Even a little extra attention can spare you an avalanche of problems. Don’t visit shady websites. Download software from reliable sources only. Forget about the “Next-Next-Finish” setup strategy. If available, use the advanced/custom setup option. Make sure you know what you install. And, of course, be very careful with your inbox. Whether it’s an instant message or email, treat all unexpected messages as potential threats. Always take a minute to verify their senders. If, for example, you receive an email from an organization, go to their official website. Compare the email addresses listed there to the suspicious one. If they don’t match, delete the pretender. You can also enter the questionable addresses into a search engine. If they were used for questionable business, someone might have complained online.
Why is this dangerous?
Trojan.Gen.MBT is a nightmare. As soon as this virus invades, corruption follows. Your system becomes slow and unresponsive. Your apps take forever to load (if they load at all). Errors appear for no apparent reason. Pop-ups and notifications cover your screen every time you so much as move the cursor of your mouse. Even your online experience gets affected. You can barely browse your favorite websites. Every website you visit gets flooded with in-text and banner ads. That’s the nature of the virus. This Trojan affects every aspect of your system, as well as of your experience. This virus messes with essential directories and is likely to cause program failures and errors. It also helps other parasites and malware slither into your OS. From annoying adware to destructive ransomware, anything may infect your OS through the Trojan. Do not test your luck. Remove the Trojan before it gets a chance to cause irreparable damage. Find where Trojan.Gen.MBT lurks and delete it upon detection.
Manual Trojan.Gen.MBT Removal Instructions
The Trojan.Gen.MBT infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Trojan.Gen.MBT infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Trojan.Gen.MBT related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Trojan.Gen.MBT startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Trojan.Gen.MBT virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Trojan.Gen.MBT
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Trojan.Gen.MBT, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Trojan.Gen.MBT Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.