This article can help you to remove Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
The Trojan horses are the first thing what we imagine when one mentions the term “PC virus.” This virus category, however, contains a wide variety of viruses. Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen, for example, is a Trojan which is programmed to download and install other viruses and malware on its victims’ computers. Unfortunately, it is true. Your situation is terrible. Anything may happen. The Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen virus communicates with its owners actively. They can command it to do carry out various malicious processes on your computer. Since the dawn of time, Trojans are known to spy on their victims. Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen is not an exception. This parasite knows your IP and MAC addresses, what kind of programs you have installed, what files you have on your HDD, and what you do online. This information is sent to the hackers. It all depends on the hackers and what they want. The virus can manipulate your files. It can create new ones or delete some. It can add and delete entries from your system registry. This virus is dangerous. You must remove it immediately. Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen is a rather sophisticated parasite. Its removal requires a bit more advanced computer skills. We have provided a detailed step-by-step removal guide. However, if you are not confident in your skills, we recommend you to use a trustworthy anti-malware program. This is the safest and easiest way to deal with the infection!
How did I get infected with?
To reach its victims, the Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen virus relies on spam email attachments. The scheme is simple, you receive an email or some other type of instant message. You open it. Everything looks legit, but you are too suspicious to download the attached file. Luckily, the message contains a link which is supposed to give you more information. You click on it. And that’s it. You get infected. These links are usually corrupted. By clicking on them, you execute a malicious script that downloads the virus secretly. Of course, the hackers won’t leave it to chance. The attached files are also infected. Either you download the file or follow the provided link, the results will always be the same. Before you even consider the opening of a letter, verify the sender. It’s quite easy. You can simply enter the questionable email address into some search engine. If it was used for shady business, someone might have complained online. If there is no evidence online, you should double-check the sender. The crooks tend to write on behalf of well-known companies. If you receive such a message, go to the company’s official website and compare the email addresses listed there with the one you have received a message from. If they don’t match, delete the pretender immediately. Keeping a powerful anti-virus up to date is also a good idea.
Why is this dangerous?
Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen can affect its separate victims in a different manner. As we already explained, the Trojan downloads and installs other parasites. However, it is the hackers behind the Trojan that choose what viruses will be installed. What will happen with your machine depends on what the crooks need at the particular time. If they lack cyber currency, they can turn your machine into coin miner. If they want to attack some online server, they can turn your machine into a part of a botnet. This is dangerous. You risk getting in trouble with the authorities. In many states, being part of an illegal botnet is reason enough for a legal prosecution to take place. The Trojan can also use your computer to spread spam messages or for some other task. Meanwhile, the Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen virus will not stay idle. The virus is spying on its victims continuously. It knows what you are doing online and may use this information against you. Be careful which websites you visit. The crooks may use this information to blackmail you. It is also advisable to refrain yourself from online purchases while this parasite remains active.
Manual Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen Removal Instructions
The Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Trojan.Downloader.Dde.Gen Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.