Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Smrtlnk.pro ads? This page includes detailed ads by Smrtlnk.pro Removal instructions!
You must be sick and tired of seeing adverts signed by Smrtlnk.pro. This annoying website is, in fact, the face of a nasty adware. Take the appearance of the adverts as a sign and act on it. Your computer is infected, and you should take prompt actions. The Smrtlnk.pro adware sneaks into its victims’ computers and wreaks havoc it all starts with an increased number of online adverts. Yet, given enough time, the adware suffocates its victims with ads. You will notice that websites that used to be ad-free are now heavy on banners, panels and in-text adverts. Every time you as much as touch your browser, your screen gets covered with pop-ups. On top of all this, your browser often gets redirected to questionable websites. Stop this madness, remove the Smrtlnk.pro now! Delay leads to regret. With every passing day, the furtive utility gets more and more aggressive. It will display more and more adverts. Your browser will not be able to display the numerous advertisements correctly. It will start to freeze and crash. Your PC will also become sluggish. Even your Internet Connection speed will be affected. The Smrtlnk.pro adware will turn your browsing experience into a nightmare. Do not allow this! Get back in control of your web browser, remove the adware for good!
How did I get infected with?
To reach its victims, the Smrtlnk.pro adware uses the classic distribution techniques. Torrents, spam email attachments, bogus software updates. Yet, there is one technique that stands above all others. The software bundling method is the number one cause of adware infections. This technique is genius in its simplicity. All the crooks do is to attach the adware to some third-party software. If you rush thru the installation of such a software bundle, you will install the extra apps without realizing it. Whenever you are installing a program, opt for the Advanced Setup option. Under it, you will be presented with a list of all additional software that is about to be installed. Make sure you know what you are giving your approval to. Deselect all suspicious programs. Bear in mind that you can deselect all extras and still install the program you originally planned to set up. This is your computer, you are in charge of what is being installed on it. Don’t let others make this decision for you. If you spot anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation immediately. Don’t let programs like the Smrtlnk.pro adware on board ever again.
Why is this dangerous?
The Smrtlnk.pro adware is extremely intrusive. The parasite interferes with every aspect of your daily web browsing. It injects ads on every web page you open, redirects your traffic to sponsored pages and even pauses your online videos for commercial breaks. Given enough time, this utility will ruin your browsing experience. Unfortunately, your unpleasant web browsing is not the issue you should worry about. The Smrtlnk.pro adware is more dangerous than you might think. This parasite jeopardizes both your privacy and security. The adware monitors your browsing-related data and sells access to the information. Anyone who uses the app as an advertising platform can use the collected information to target you with customized campaigns. All sorts of crooks do. They use the furtive utility to expose you to dozens of online frauds. Bear this in mind the next time you see an irresistible online offer. With the Smrtlnk.pro adware on board, it is very likely to be fake. Unfortunately, it may as well be corrupted. A malicious advert may redirect you to an infected website. One click is all it takes for a virus to be downloaded. Even if the crooks are not good hackers, they may use misleading language to lure you into installing malware. These people are targeting your wallet. They will do anything to get your money. Spare yourself many future headaches, remove the Smrtlnk.pro adware now!
How to Remove Smrtlnk.pro virus
The Smrtlnk.pro infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Smrtlnk.pro infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Smrtlnk.pro in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Smrtlnk.pro startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Smrtlnk.pro virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Smrtlnk.pro traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Smrtlnk.pro by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Smrtlnk.pro
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Smrtlnk.pro, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Smrtlnk.pro argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Smrtlnk.pro Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.