Can’t Remove Search.socialaddons.top ads? This page includes detailed ads by Search.socialaddons.top Removal instructions!
An adware application lurks on your computer. It’s hiding somewhere in the corners of your system, making a mess. The Search.socialaddons.top page is a clear indication of the invasion. Consider it the first clue you get. Accept it as such, and acknowledge that your PC is no longer infection-free. Search.socialaddons.top is a big, bright sign that scream ‘Adware!’ after it pops up that firs time, prepare to see it more and more often. All the time, in fact. The adware menace forces it on you at every turn. It doesn’t let you make a single online move, without the page popping up to interrupt. But it gets worse. The application isn’t called adware for nothing. You get flooded with advertisements, non-stop. You can so much as breathe on your browser, and an ad pops up. That may seem like an exaggeration, but wait until you suffer the full effect of the adware. At first, you see Search.socialaddons.top pop up here and there. Then, it gets accompanied by a couple of pop-up ads. It doesn’t take long before your screen gets overrun with advertisements. Pop-up, in-text, banner. Every type of ad there is, you see. These intrusions are constant. So, it shouldn’t surprise you, they have repercussions. Your system starts to suffer frequent crashes. Your PC becomes slower. Going online turns into a nightmarish experience. Though, these issues are pretty annoying, they pale in comparison. The absolute worst part, of having adware, is the privacy risk. Do yourself a favor, and delete the infection ASAP. Do it before it gets the chance to cause irrevocable damages.
How did I get infected with?
Search.socialaddons.top shows up, courtesy of the adware, lurking on your PC. How do you imagine the adware, itself, shows up? It doesn’t pop up out of the blue, as if by magic. There’s nothing magical about its infiltration. The infection gets you to approve its install. All, while keeping you clueless. It’s masterful at deceit. It employs the old but gold means of invasion to succeed. Freeware is the most common method, it turns to. It offers the easiest way into your PC. That’s because, most users don’t do their due diligence during freeware installs. They rush, and give into naivety and distraction. Instead of going through the terms and conditions, they skip them altogether. They head straight for the YES at the bottom, and hope for the best. Well, that’s a mistake, they pay for once Search.socialaddons.top pops up. Do NOT leave your fate to luck or chance! Do NOT choose carelessness over caution. One keeps your PC free of infections. The other invites them in. Always make sure to be extra thorough when allowing anything into your system. Freeware, supposed updates, anything. The web is a dangerous place. Don’t underestimate it. Even a little extra attention goes a long way.
Why is this dangerous?
The adware, using Search.socialaddons.top as a face, spies on you. It begins its espionage after invasion. The program tracks every online move you make. What’s worse, it records it, as well. That’s right. A dangerous infection keeps track of, and records, your browsing activities. Let that sink in for a moment. It means, the adware has access to sensitive information. It has your personal and financial data at its disposal. And, once it deems it has gathered enough, it exposes it. Oh, yes! The hazardous tool sends the stolen information to strangers. The unknown third parties that published the program, to be precise. After these people get their hands on it, that’s it. They can use it as they see fit. And, there’s nothing you can do to stop them. You leave your private life at their discretion. Do you think that ends well for you? Don’t fool yourself. Do your best to protect yourself. Don’t allow that scenario to unfold. As soon as you first spot Search.socialaddons.top, take action! Locate where the nasty cyber threat, behind it, lurks. Then, when you do, delete it! Don’t waste time. Delays lead to regrets. The adware’s extended stay gets you nothing but issues and unpleasantness. Its prompt removal earns you the gratitude of your future self.
How to Remove Search.socialaddons.top virus
The Search.socialaddons.top infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.socialaddons.top infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search.socialaddons.top in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.socialaddons.top startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.socialaddons.top virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.socialaddons.top traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.socialaddons.top by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.socialaddons.top
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.socialaddons.top, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.socialaddons.top argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.socialaddons.top Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.