Can’t Remove Search.searchyourea.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search.searchyourea.com Removal instructions!
The appearance of the Search.searchyourea.com website is your clue. There is something wrong with your computer. Your poor device is no longer infection-free. It harbors a browser hijacker. Somewhere in the corners of your OS, the nasty Search.searchyourea.com hijacker lurks. The parasite follows instructions to turn you into an easy target. It opens your browsers to malicious online interference. The hijacker monitors your online activities. Even the Incognito mode of your browser cannot hide you. Everything you do is analyzed. As for the collected data, it’s used against you. The hijacker uses the information to select relevant ads. In theory, if you enter “sneakers” into a search engine, you would get ads for sports shoes. In practice, however, you get flooded with unreliable advertisements. Anyone willing to pay can use the Search.searchyourea.com hijacker as an adverting platform. The parasite doesn’t check the advertisers nor the ads. Thus, it’s no surprise that its ads, more often than not, are misleading and false. An unverified advertisement would arise unwarranted expectations at best. At worst, it would redirect you to phishing and scam websites. The Search.searchyourea.com hijacker has no place on your computer. Remove it before it lures you into an online trap! The sooner it’s gone, the better!
How did I get infected with?
The Search.searchyourea.com hijacker is not an ingenious virus. It’s a simple app. And, just like any other app, it needs your, the user’s, approval to get installed. No permission, no admission. That’s the rule. Yet, as you can imagine, the crooks have found a way around it. They hide the parasite in software bundles. One second of carelessness is all it takes for the parasite to steal your permission. The crooks rely on your negligence. They use torrents, fake updates, spam emails and corrupted links to lure you into installing parasites. Do not make their job easier. Your caution can prevent infections. Be vigilant and doubting! Stay ways from shady websites. Download your software from reputable sources only. When installing a program, pay attention to the fine print! Forget about the “Next-Next-Finish” installation strategy. When available, use the advanced/custom setup option. More often than not, the free apps we download off the web, come bundled with extra programs. These extras are often malicious. Under the advanced installation, you would be able to deselect all unwanted apps. Examine the list of extras carefully. If you don’t need them, deselect them. Also, don’t skip the terms and conditions. If you cannot spare enough time to read the whole document, use an online EULA analyzer to scan it. Abort the installation if you detect anything out of the ordinary.
Why is this dangerous?
The Search.searchyourea.com hijacker is very intrusive. It’s like a pain in the neck that’s hard to be tolerated. And it shouldn’t! The more time it spends on your computer, the more aggressive it becomes. The parasite tends to get out of control. Do not wait for this scenario to unfold. You won’t like the consequences. Long story short, your browser will become slow and unresponsive. It will freeze and crash frequently. You won’t be able to get a simple task finished without encountering an advertisement. Your Internet connection, too, will become slow and unstable. You will hate the experience. The bad news is that these issues are nothing compared to the things that happen behind your back. The Search.searchyourea.com hijacker threatens to steal sensitive information. Can you imagine what the crooks do with such data? They use it to create ingenious scams, as well as to drain their victims’ bank accounts! The hijacker doesn’t strike as a dangerous infection. Yet, given enough time, this parasite is more than capable of causing harm. Do not play with your luck. Remove this invader for your own good. Track its lurking spot and hit that delete button!
How to Remove Search.searchyourea.com virus
The Search.searchyourea.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.searchyourea.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search.searchyourea.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.searchyourea.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.searchyourea.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.searchyourea.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.searchyourea.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.searchyourea.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.searchyourea.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.searchyourea.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.searchyourea.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.