Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 7-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Search.pe-cmf.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search.pe-cmf.com Removal instructions!
Did the Search.pe-cmf.com website manage to replace your preferable homepage? Do you remember approving this change? If not, you must be wondering how’s this even possible. We have bad news. Such an unauthorized change is a clear sign that your computer harbors a browser hijacker. This parasite uses stealth installation and wreaks havoc on its victims’ computers. The Search.pe-cmf.com hijacker is a typical member of its intrusive family. Upon infiltration, it adds its malicious extension to your browser. From this point onward, the hijacker has full control over your browser. It is programmed to block its competitors’ offers and to replace them with its own. The furtive utility uses a pay-per-click marketing scheme to generate revenue for its owners. Basically, for every advertisement you click on, the people behind the hijacker will be paid. And so, their creation will flood you with commercials. The Search.pe-cmf.com hijacker injects banners, in-text ads, and hyperlinks on every website you open. It can also open pop-up windows and pause your online videos for commercial breaks. On top of that, the malicious utility can redirect your browser to sponsored third-party websites. This tool will ruin your browsing experience. Furthermore, it will make you avoid your own device. To carry out its malicious process, the hijacker uses a lot of computer resources. It runs on your CPU and uses an enormous amount of RAM. The more commercials you see, the slower your computer becomes. This utility can cause some older machines to freeze and crash frequently. And this, as we all know, leads to data loss and a lot of frustration. Luckily, we can help you remove this intruder completely. Follow our detailed removal guide and clean your device for good. If you are a fan of automated solutions, download a trustworthy anti-virus app and run a full system scan. The Search.pe-cmf.com hijacker is an obstacle that prevents you from using your computer normally. The sooner it is gone, the better!
How did I get infected with?
The Search.pe-cmf.com hijacker is not an ingenious virus. This utility is a simple PC program. And just like any other program, it needs your permission to be installed. Yet, you can’t remember giving your consent, can you? The Search.pe-cmf.com hijacker did not ask you openly. It uses a lot of trickery and misleading language to lure its victims into installing it. Yes, that is right. You allowed this pest on board. There is no other way for it to enter. Don’t be harsh on yourself, though. The hijacker tricked you. This furtive app hides its presence behind software bundles, torrents, spam emails, and fake software updates. Do you remember when was the last time you used the Advanced Installation to set up a program? If your answer is not “I always use this method,” change your habits. Freeware, shareware and pirated copies of licensed software often become hosts of such parasites. Under the Advanced method, you can detect their presence and deny them access. Always take your time to read the Terms and Conditions or to research the programs online. Make sure you know what you are giving your approval to.
Why is this dangerous?
The Search.pe-cmf.com hijacker is a menace that must be removed immediately. This utility bombards you with commercials, slows your computer down and is a total pain in the neck. If you let this app run on your OS undisturbed, it will cause a lot of troubles. The malicious app does not verify the commercials it displays so freely. Anyone willing to spend some money can use the hijacker to promote. Hackers included. If you happen to click on a corrupted ad, you may download more malware or viruses directly on your computer. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell which adverts are corrupted and which are not. You cannot avoid the ads either. The hijacker is created to generate clicks. When you least expect it, it will open pop-ups right under the cursor of your mouse. What is worse, it may redirect your browser to infected pages. Speaking of which. The constant browser redirection hides more potential dangers than you might think. Keep in mind that the Search.pe-cmf.com hijacker can redirect you to a scam website. So, question everything. Restrain yourself from online purchases while this utility remains active on your machine. With the hijacker on board, you are more likely to be exposed to scam pages than to legitimate ones. Don’t put up with this situation. Track the Search.pe-cmf.com hijacker down and delete it on the spot!
How to Remove Search.pe-cmf.com virus
The Search.pe-cmf.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.pe-cmf.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search.pe-cmf.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.pe-cmf.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.pe-cmf.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.pe-cmf.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.pe-cmf.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.pe-cmf.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.pe-cmf.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.pe-cmf.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.pe-cmf.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.