Can’t Remove Search.htextfrompc.co hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search.htextfrompc.co Removal instructions!
Developed by Polarity Technologies, Ltd., this program is dangerous. It claims to improve your online experience and provide accurate search results. However, the only thing Search.htextfrompc.co actually does is help hackers gain profit. You’re stuck with a browser hijacker that takes over your online activities. In addition, the virus spies on some of your private information and slows your PC speed to a crawl. You don’t have a single reason to tolerate this pest’s presence on board. On the other hand, you have plenty of reasons to uninstall it for good. Don’t be gullible to think this program can’t cause you irreversible harm. The hijacker poses a serious threat to both your safety and privacy. It firstly modifies your browser settings and brings along a malicious extension. In addition, your search engine and homepage get altered. Search.htextfrompc.co replaces them with its own domain. In other words, the hijacker forces its domain on you every single time you surf the Web. Consider your browsing experience effectively destroyed thanks to this program. You now get constantly redirected to unknown, unsafe websites. You also receive sponsored web links instead of the promised search results. The hijacker might even start generating random commercials and other web links. That includes discounts, coupons, various deals and product offers. Keep in mind these advertisements are sponsored just like the search results. You are only seeing them so hackers could eventually gain revenue online. By using the pay-per-click mechanism, cyber criminals make money at your expense. They inject your once trusty browsers with sponsored web links. Some of them may lead you straight to more infections thus compromising your safety further. Instead of testing out the limits of your luck, stay away from anything displayed by the virus. Search.htextfrompc.co redirects you and floods your PC screen with unreliable web links. In addition, it spies on your browsing-related data such as browsing history. Long story short, the parasite must be immediately uninstalled.
How did I get infected with?
Did you agree to install this pest? Unlikely. For starters, the hijacker’s official website doesn’t provide a download option. More often than not, cyber infections prefer using stealthy, secretive methods. The number one technique is called freeware or shareware bundling. It is extremely efficient and allows all sorts of malware to get spread online. To protect your computer in the future, keep an eye out for potential intruders. For instance, opt for the Custom/Advanced option in the Setup Wizard. Check out the Terms and Conditions or EULA as well. Trust us when we say, the key to your safety is your caution. Unless you take your time during the installation process, you may accidentally give green light to malware. Deselect any “bonuses” you may locate in the program bundles you download. Also, stay away from unverified websites or illegitimate software. Last but not least, avoid opening any random, suspicious spam email you may receive. This is yet another commonly used virus distribution tactic.
Why is this dangerous?
The hijacker is beyond worrisome as it modifies all your favorite browsers. Yes, that includes Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Due to the parasite’s presence, you’re now unable to find anything you search for online. Search.htextfrompc.co causes your browsers to redirect you. It also steals your passwords, usernames, email addresses, IP addresses and other details. Hackers are perhaps the last people who should be having access to such information. They won’t think twice before selling your details to questionable third parties with unclear intentions. Thus, your sensitive data may end up into the wrong hands before you even know it. Note that Search.htextfrompc.co might also attempt to trick you into clicking its sponsored pop-up ads open. Instead of enhancing your online experience, the hijacker continually exposes you to malware. As long as it is on your device, you’re in trouble. To delete this program manually, please follow our detailed removal guide down below.
How to Remove Search.htextfrompc.co virus
The Search.htextfrompc.co infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.htextfrompc.co infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search.htextfrompc.co related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.htextfrompc.co startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.htextfrompc.co virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.htextfrompc.co traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.htextfrompc.co by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.htextfrompc.co
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.htextfrompc.co, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.htextfrompc.co argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.htextfrompc.co Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.