Can’t Remove Search.anysearchresults.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search.anysearchresults.com Removal instructions!
Search.anysearchresults.com is an intrusive page, connected to a hijacker. Consider it a harbinger. If it pops up, it means you have a browser hijacker on your PC. That’s a warning, you best not ignore. These infections are invasive and malicious. They slither their way in via cunning and finesse. Then, once inside, spread their clutches throughout your system, and corrupt it. After the tool settles, issues ensue. First off, you notice its influence over your browsing. Every time, you go online, you suffer a bombardment. You get redirected to Search.anysearchresults.com at every turn. The site seems everywhere. It’s almost as if it has become your online shadow. Open a new tab? It’s there. Search the web? It’s among the suggested results. No matter what you do, the site appears. It even replaces your preferred homepage and search engine. Did you ask for tat switch? Did you approve it? Well, it doesn’t matter, because it’s fact. That’s how hijackers work. After they invade, they are free to force unwanted reshuffles on you. And, they don’t have to bother informing you, or seeking permission. That raises a dangerous question. What if the infection decides to open your PC to more infections? If the hijacker wishes, it can install more malware. Then, what? You’re stuck with more malicious programs to wreak havoc, and make a mess. But for how long? How long until your computer can’t take it any longer, and gives up? The Blue Screen of Death is a valid outcome. Sure, the possibility of its occurrence is minute. But minor and insignificant, are not the same as non-existent. Don’t take chances. Delete the hijacker as soon as the opportunity presents itself. Don’t extend its stay a minute after detection. Its prompt removal saves you a ton of troubles and headaches. As well as, earn you the gratitude of your future self.
How did I get infected with?
Search.anysearchresults.com shows up, because a hijacker forced it on you. As for the hijacker, it’s there, because of you. These types of cyber threats cannot enter on their own accord. They have to ask you, the user, if you agree to install them. Only, if you say YES, can they proceed with installment. No permission, no admission. It seems a simple enough way to keep infections away, doesn’t it? Well, not quite. Sure, the tool is bound to seek your approval. But, here’s the thing. It doesn’t have to do it outright. So, instead of being straightforward about it, the hijacker does the opposite. It still does ask for your okay, but in the sneakiest way possible. There’s a myriad of methods it can use, to assist its sneakiness. For example, freeware and spam emails are at the top of the list. There’s, also, corrupted links or sites, as well as, fake updates. All these methods help the infection slither into your PC undetected. That is, with some help from you. Neither method can succeed without you. The hijacker needs your carelessness to ease its covert invasion. Think about it. If you’re not attentive, it’s that much easier for it to infiltrate your system. If you rush, and not bother doing your due diligence. If you give into naivety, and rely on luck, instead of vigilance. Don’t do any of that! Go the opposite direction. Always take the time to be thorough. Read the terms and conditions before saying YES. Double-check everything. Know what you allow into your PC. Even a little extra attention goes a long way.
Why is this dangerous?
The worst part, about having a hijacker, is the security issue. The nasty program places your privacy at risk. The tool, behind Search.anysearchresults.com, spies on you. It begins as soon as it invades. Every move you make online, it tracks. And, not only that, but it records, as well. Let that sink in. A dangerous infection monitors and catalogs your every activity, while browsing. What’s more, after it gathers enough data, it sends it. To whom? Well, to the cyber criminals that published it. That means, these strangers with agendas get access to your private life. Are you willing to grant it to them? To hand over your personal and financial details? Nothing good can come of that. Don’t let that scenario unfold. Don’t allow an infection steal and expose your private information. Protect yourself, and your system. Delete the hijacker, using Search.anysearchresults.com as a front. Do it ASAP! Delays lead to regrets.
How to Remove Search.anysearchresults.com virus
The Search.anysearchresults.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.anysearchresults.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search.anysearchresults.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.anysearchresults.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.anysearchresults.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.anysearchresults.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.anysearchresults.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.anysearchresults.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.anysearchresults.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.anysearchresults.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.anysearchresults.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.