Can’t Remove Search Anysearchmanager hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search Anysearchmanager Removal instructions!
Search Anysearchmanager website is a hijacker-related page. Its appearance is always a bad sign. It’s a warning that your computer is no longer infection free. Somewhere, in the corners of your OS, the Search Anysearchmanager hijacker lurks. This parasite sneaks into your system unnoticed and wreaks utter havoc. Once on board, the parasite wastes no time and takes over your web browser. It alters your settings and prevents you from restoring your preferences. The hijacker replaces both your homepage and default search engine. It is also capable of installing extensions and toolbars. It interferes with everything. Yet, it’s most noticeable when you browse the web. The hijacker injects various ads on every website you open. It covers everything in coupons and discounts. It is also behind the odd browser redirection and the numerous pop-ups. This parasite floods your browser with adverts. The more time it has, the more aggressive it becomes. The Search Anysearchmanager hijacker knows no boundaries. It tends to get out of control. Do not allow this scenario to unfold. You won’t like the consequences. The hijacker is not safe. It’s more likely to redirect you to dangerous websites than to legitimate ones. Spare yourself many future headaches. Take action against the parasite. Clean your computer for good!
How did I get infected with?
The Search Anysearchmanager hijacker cannot hack your computer. The parasite does not target individual victims. No, it is not that advanced. To reach you, it uses mass-distribution methods. It usually lurks behind spam emails, torrents, fake updates and software bundles. All these methods deliver the hijacker to your system. They don’t install it. You do that! The parasite relies on your negligence. Learn your lesson! The Search Anysearchmanager hijacker tricked you once. If you don’t change your habits, you might get in bigger trouble the next time. Don’t visit shady websites. Download your software from reputable sources only. When available, use the advanced/custom installation option. Most of the apps we download off the web come bundled with bonus programs. The extras, however, are often parasites. Be very careful what you are giving your permission to. Pay attention to the installation. Read the terms and conditions. You can, of course, speed up this step by using an online EULA analyzer. If you detect anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation immediately! The key to a secure and infection-free computer is caution. Don’t be lazy, always do your due diligence!
Why is this dangerous?
The Search Anysearchmanager hijacker is like a pain in the neck. The more you tolerate it, the worse it becomes. The nasty hijacker is an invader. It takes control of your web browser and turns it into an ad-displaying slave. Do not underestimate the situation. You are in a bad position. The hijacker follows instructions to turn you into an easy target. It monitors your online activities and uses the collected information against you. In theory, if you enter “sneakers” into a search engine, the hijacker would display ads for sports shoes. In practice, however, it floods you with countless unreliable adverts. This parasite has no security mechanism. It is created to generate revenue. Your well-being is not part of the deal. As long as they pay, anyone can use the Search Anysearchmanager hijacker. Numerous crooks do. They use the collected information to create customized ads. The crooks show you what you want to see, but when you click, bad things happen. The hijacker is very likely to redirect you to phishing and scam websites. It may also trick you into installing rogue software. Do not test your luck. Remove the Search Anysearchmanager hijacker before it lures you into an online trap! The sooner this parasite is gone, the better!
How to Remove Search Anysearchmanager virus
The Search Anysearchmanager infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search Anysearchmanager infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search Anysearchmanager related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search Anysearchmanager startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search Anysearchmanager virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search Anysearchmanager traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search Anysearchmanager by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search Anysearchmanager
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search Anysearchmanager, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search Anysearchmanager argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search Anysearchmanager Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.