Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove Windows 10.exe Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
As strange as it may sound, “Windows 10.exe” is not an essential for your system process. On the contrary, it might be harmful. This process is started by a coin mining Trojan. The parasite enters your computer in complete silence and takes over your device. The Trojan rewrites your System Registry and corrupts essential for your OS files and processes. Once settled, it executes its own processes. The parasite uses your computer resources to dig cyber coins. Basically, your computer reforms accounting services for a coin platform and gets rewarded with small fractions of the coin. Yet, it is not you the one who will get the money. The coins are transferred to the crooks’ wallet. These people are making a mint. As for you, you are stuck with the side effects. The coin mining process requires CPU power. The Trojan uses both your CPU and GPU at their limits. It exploits your Internet Connection, too. Thus, Windows 10.exe Trojan causes your computer to underperform and your Network Connection to be extremely sluggish. There is one other resource which the Trojan consumes in order to carry out its processes — electricity. Your device runs on electric power, after all. Without it, nothing can happen. No, this is not a joke. The Windows 10.exe Trojan may double even triple your electricity bills. This virus infection is costing you real money. Do not put up with this situation. Take action against this intruder now!
How did I get infected with?
Windows 10.exe Trojan appears to be a sophisticated virus. Its distribution methods, however, are nothing special. The parasite relies on the classic strategies: spam emails, fake software updates, and software bundling. All these techniques will fail if you pay close attention to the fine print. Download programs from reliable sources only. Do not rush through an installation process. And delete all suspicious emails. It may sound simple, but it’s not. The crooks are imaginative. Don’t underestimate them. They always find new ways to camouflage their viruses. Let’s take the spam emails as an example. They usually write on behalf of some well-known organization. Your bank, for example. When you receive such a letter, you are immediately tempted to open it. Don’t! Verify the sender first. Go to the bank’s official website and compare the email addresses listed there with the one you have received a message from. If they don’t match, delete the pretender. If they match, however, don’t let your guard down. A reliable company would use your real name to address you. If the letter starts with “Dear Customer,” proceed with caution. Don’t interact with the email. You know better than to download attachments. Yet, did you know that links can also be corrupted? If the letter has hyperlinks, don’t follow them unless you absolutely have to. Only your caution can keep your device virus-free. So, don’t be lazy. Always do your due diligence!
Why is this dangerous?
Windows 10.exe Trojan has managed to enter your device. The parasite has admin privileges and can manipulate your system settings. It is currently using your machine as a miner. This may change, though. The Trojan communicates with its owners. They can instruct it to do various things. It may install other malware or viruses on your device. It all depends on the hackers and what they want. Even if they don’t make a move, your infected OS should be “healed.” Windows 10.exe may cause irreversible hardware damage. The Trojan uses your CPU and GPU at their limits. If you check your machine, you will notice that it radiates heat. As you know, heat is not good for your hardware. The Trojan, however, doesn’t pause its processes. It uses your CPU under high temperatures. By doing so, the Trojan shortens your CPU’s life significantly. If your cooling system is not efficient enough, your device will start to crash frequently. And this leads to data loss and the Blue Screen of Death. Do not let this scenario unfold. Remove Windows 10.exe before it is too late!
Manual Windows 10.exe Removal Instructions
The Windows 10.exe infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Windows 10.exe infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Windows 10.exe related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Windows 10.exe startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Windows 10.exe virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Windows 10.exe
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Windows 10.exe, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Windows 10.exe Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.