This article can help you to remove Win32:Evo-gen Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
Win32:Evo-gen is a nasty Trojan horse. This parasite enters your computer in complete silence and roots deep into your system. The Trojan corrupts essential for your OS files and processes. It modifies your System Registry, too. When its establish on your OS, the Trojan connects to a remote server and downloads other malware. Win32:Evo-gen Trojan is a backdoor to your computer. The hackers can use it to obtain remote control of your PC. They can also use the parasite to distribute adware, spyware, even ransomware to your machine. It is hard to say what will happen to your computer. It all depends on what the hackers need at the moment. In any case, you will not like it. We recommend you to remove the Trojan immeadiately. The more time it spends on your computer, the more dangerous will it become. We have provided a manual removal guide below this article. Yet, bear in mind that Win32:Evo-gen is a sophisticated infection. Its manual removal requires advanced computer skills. If you are not confident in yours, consider downloading a powerful anti-malware program. You have options. Choose your removal method and act. The sooner you clean your computer, the better!
How did I get infected with?
To reach its victims, Win32:Evo-gen relies on the classic strategies. It uses torrents, fake software updates, drive-by downloads and spam emails. Do not underestimate these methods. They are old but gold. The crooks are imaginative. They always find new ways to camouflage their viruses. Only your caution can prevent infections. So, be always on your guard. When you receive an email from a stranger, don’t open it. Verify the sender first. You can simply enter the questionable address into some search engine. If it has been used for shady business, someone might have complained online. This method is not flawless, so, don’t stop just here. If the message is from an organization (your bank, a police department, the local post office, etc), go to their official website. Compare the email addresses listed there with the one you have received a letter from. If they don’t match, delete the pretender. Even when you open the letter, opt for red flags. A reliable company would use your real name to address you. Thus, if the message starts with “Dear Customer” or “Dear Friend,” proceed with caution. Don’t download mysterious files, and don’t click on links. Bear in mind that hyperlinks can also be corrupted. If the letter contains any, don’t click on them unless you absolutely have to. The Internet is a dangerous place, only your caution can keep your device virus-free. So, don’t be lazy. Always do your due diligence.
Why is this dangerous?
Win32:Evo-gen is a dangerous Trojan horse. This parasite has admin privileges and can manipulate your system settings. The Trojan may cause some program of yours to freeze and crash frequently. Your anti-virus app is very likely to be disabled. Win32:Evo-gen interferes with every aspect of your daily PC-related activities. The Trojan causes your device to perform poorly. Your Internet Connection also seem slower than usual. On top of that, every time you as much as touch your web browser, your screen gets covered in pop-ups. You cannot use your device normally. These issues, however, are minor compared to the things the Trojan does behind your back. Win32:Evo-gen is a breach of your security. The hackers can use it to infect your device with all sorts of nasty parasites. Adware, spyware, ransomware, anything may enter your OS. The Trojan is a giant hole in your security wall. Close it before it’s too late!
Manual Win32:Evo-gen Removal Instructions
The Win32:Evo-gen infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Win32:Evo-gen infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Win32:Evo-gen related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Win32:Evo-gen startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Win32:Evo-gen virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Win32:Evo-gen
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Win32:Evo-gen, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Win32:Evo-gen Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.