Can’t Remove WhiteClick Setup ads? This page includes detailed ads by WhiteClick Setup Removal instructions!
The WhiteClick Setup parasite is bad news. It falls under the Adware umbrella. It is an intrusive ad-generating utility. Once on board, the adware wastes no time. It takes over your web browsers and wreaks utter havoc. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Safari, there is no immune program. The adware turns your poor browsers into ad-displaying tools. The parasite injects ads on every website you load. It redirects your web traffic to sponsored platforms and opens pop-ups. It even dares pause your online videos for commercial breaks. The parasite knows no boundaries. Do not underestimate this invader. It turns your browsing experience into a nightmare. The adware interferes with your every online action. The longer you tolerate it, the worse your situation becomes. The WhiteClick Setup adware is a menace. It gets more and more aggressive with each passing day. This parasite tends to get out of control. Do not wait for this scenario to unfold. Spare yourself many future headaches. Do what’s best for your system’s well-being. Remove the WhiteClick Setup parasite before it’s too late.
How did I get infected with?
The WhiteClick Setup adware is not an ingenious virus. It cannot hack your computer. This sneaky parasite is nothing more than a simple application. And just like any other app, to enter your OS, it must have an invitation. As you can imagine, the parasite knows how to steal one. It uses trickery to lure its victims into giving it the green light of admission. The parasite lurks behind software bundles and fake updates. It may also arrive hidden in spam emails and torrents. There are dozens of malware distribution methods. They deliver the parasite to your system, but they don’t install it. It’s entirely up to you whether the parasite will infect your OS or not. If you are careless, the parasite succeeds. If you pay attention to the fine print, however, your computer remains infection-free. Choose caution over carelessness, one prevents troubles, the other – causes them. Stay away from shady websites. Download your software from reputable sources only. When available, use the advanced installation method. If additional applications are about to get installed, deselect them. These unknown programs, more often than not, are parasites like the WhiteClick Setup adware. Make sure you know what you are giving your approval to. Read the terms and conditions (you can speed up this step by using an online EULA analyzer). If you detect anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation immediately!
Why is this dangerous?
The WhiteClick Setup adware is very intrusive and annoying. Yet, it is also quite dangerous. The parasite opens your browser to targeted ads and surveillance. In other words: it spies on you and uses the collected data against you. The adware follows you around the web and waits for you to make a mistake. Do not underestimate the situation. The parasite monitors your every online action. Even the Incognito mode of your browser cannot hide you. It’s just a matter of time before it discovers something sensitive. Even if it doesn’t, you are still in for trouble. The WhiteClick Setup adware uses everything against you. The parasite knows your habits and preferences. With this information, it can lure you into an online trap. Anyone willing to pay can use the adware and its resources to reach you. Numerous crooks do! They prepare customized ads and force them on you. They show you what you want to see. But when you click, bad things happen. You risk ending up on a scam and infected pages. The crooks want to either lure you into revealing financial information or trick you into installing rogue programs. Don’t risk it. The WhiteClick Setup adware is too hazardous. It turns you into an easy target. Remove it before it gets a chance to cause harm. The sooner this intruder’s gone, the better!
How to Remove WhiteClick Setup virus
The WhiteClick Setup infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the WhiteClick Setup infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down WhiteClick Setup in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate WhiteClick Setup startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean WhiteClick Setup virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean WhiteClick Setup traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the WhiteClick Setup by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by WhiteClick Setup
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for WhiteClick Setup, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove WhiteClick Setup argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove WhiteClick Setup Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.