Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove Wcupdater.exe Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
Wcupdater.exe falls under the most dangerous category of cyber threats. It’s a Trojan. These are dreadful infections, with severe capabilities of causing harm. They’re dangerous and damaging. And, you must NOT underestimate them. Once a Trojan slithers its way into your PC, corruption ensues. It doesn’t take long before you start to suffer through the consequences of its stay. And, time makes it worse. That’s right. The longer the Trojan stays, the worse your situation gets. Issues evolve, grow. What begins a minor inconvenience turns into a major issue. Don’t allow the escalation. Protect yourself. Protect your system. Wcupdater.exe is a hazardous cyber threat. Make sure to delete it the first chance you get. The sooner you remove it, the better. Don’t delay! Delays have repercussions. Unpleasant ones.
How did I get infected with?
Trojans are masterful at slithering into your PC, unnoticed. They resort to the old but gold means of invasion. And, ensure their sneaky, undetected, passage. And, how they manage that, you wonder? Well, because of you. They succeed because you allow it. Let’s explain. Yes, Trojans are pretty sneaky. But no matter their tricks, it’s up to you whether they succeed in entering your PC. You have to approve their installation. If you deny them entry, they can’t proceed with the process. That’s why, vigilance is so imperative. If you wish to keep an infection-free PC, you have to be attentive! Always take the time to do your due diligence. Read terms and conditions, take the time to do your homework. The threat relies on you to rush, and throw caution to the wind. It relies on you to give into gullibility. Why would you oblige? Why make it easier for Wcupdater.exe to invade? Don’t choose carelessness over caution. Always do your due diligence! Even a little extra attention can save you countless troubles. The usual antics, the Trojan turn to, when it comes to invasion, include the following. Freeware, fake updates, corrupted links, spam emails. Its array of possible methods of infiltration, is rather prolific. Remember that you’re the last line of defense. Always choose caution. It goes a long way.
Why is this dangerous?
The presence of the Wcupdater.exe threat is bad news. The infection wreaks all manner of havoc. First off, consider it a gateway. Its existence on your PC, presents you with a severe malware risk. The Trojan can allow the installment of as many malicious tools as it wants. It can fill your PC to the brim with infections. And, how long do you imagine your system will last should that happen? How long until it gets too overwhelmed, and waves the blue flag? Yes, The Blue Screen of Death is a valid possibility. It’s a rather minute one. But minute does not equal non-existent. So, as minuscule as it may be, are you prepared to take it? But that’s not the only risk, you face. The Trojan jeopardizes your privacy. It threatens to steal and expose your private information. Once it invades, it begins to spy on you. It tracks every single online move you make, and records it. After it decides it has gathered enough data, it sends it. The Trojan hands over your sensitive details to strangers with malicious agendas. And, make no mistake! Given enough time on your PC, it WILL succeed! So, the question is, will you allow it that time? Or, would you rather, protect yourself from the risks? Do what’s best for you, and your system. Get rid of the malicious Wcupdater.exe threat at once. The sooner it leaves your system, the better.
Manual Wcupdater.exe Removal Instructions
The Wcupdater.exe infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Wcupdater.exe infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Wcupdater.exe related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Wcupdater.exe startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Wcupdater.exe virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Wcupdater.exe
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Wcupdater.exe, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Wcupdater.exe Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.