Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Unstopweb.net ads? This page includes detailed ads by Unstopweb.net Removal instructions!
Unstopweb.net is a website that promotes some dodgy software. This tool is supposed to help you bypass Geo restrictions. Don’t download anything. What you see looks too good to be true. And it definitely is not true. This tool is in fact, a malicious application, also known as malware. Once installed, it will change your browser’s setting, but you will not benefit from the change. You will only suffer. The tools will get in control of your browser. It will replace your homepage and default search engine. It will also modify DNS settings. You may not notice the symptoms at first. Sooner or later you will get yourself constantly redirected. Every time you open your browser, additional tabs will open. When you try to follow a link, again, shady websites will be opened in extra tabs. Pop-up windows will force you to watch video for a certain period of time. Coupons and discounts will cover your screen. The Unstopweb.net app will ruin your browsing experience. Your computer will become unresponsive. The tool is after all a program that is running on your CPU. It also consumes a lot of RAM. This tool is designed to be beneficial to its owners, not to its users. The people behind this toll care about money only. Your vexation is no concern of theirs. Luckily, you can put an end to this madness. Simply, remove the malicious tool. You can either follow our guide or use a trustworthy anti-virus program. You have options. Get rid of this app as soon as possible. If you neglect the problem, however, the malicious tool may cause some irreversible damage to your device.
How did I get infected with?
The malware behind the Unstopweb.net website appeared out of the blue. You don’t remember installing it. You have never seen software with this name. That was the plan. Nobody will infect their computer on purpose. Therefore, malware developers have found a way to lure the user into installing such apps without realizing what is going on. This low-class deception is quite simple actually. The crooks would add their apps as extras to the installation files of many free tools. Once the user initiates the installation of such a bundle, they will be presented with two types of setup: a standard and a custom/advanced option. If you select the standard/fast method, you will give up your control. This process is completely automatic. It will install all extra apps and won’t even notify you. You can prevent this. Use the advanced setup instead. Here the deception lays. The advanced method will be presented as a suitable choice for IT experts only. Don’t trust a word you read. This option is not complicated. Anyone can complete it with ease. Under it, you will be presented with a list of all extra programs that are about to be installed. Deselect them all. If you truly needed such tools, you would have downloaded them by yourself. Be skeptical. You can never trust those third party apps. They seem to always “fail” disclosing what they are programmed to do. Only your vigilance can spare you troubles.
Why is this dangerous?
The Unstopweb.net malware brings nothing but trouble. It is responsible for the sea of ads you are drowning in recently. This tool uses a pay-per-click marketing. It will display numerous advertisements. Yet, clicking on these may be more hazardous than you think. This parasite will not check who the marketer is. Hackers often use such applications to spread corrupted ads. If you click on a malicious advert, a virus may be distributed directly to your PC. Even if you try, you can’t avoid all ads. Eventually, you will click on some. The Unstopweb.net utility will try to trick you into clicking on ads unintentionally. At the most unexpected times, it will open a pop-up window right under the cursor of your mouse. It will also inject fake entries among the search results you see. Don’t forget that the malware has full control over your browser. It can block content and replace it with its own. Thus, it limits your sources of information. It is turning you into an easy target. Doing an objective research will become an impossible task. Don’t put up with this. Remove this malicious tool ASAP!
How to Remove Unstopweb.net virus
The Unstopweb.net infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Unstopweb.net infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Unstopweb.net infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Unstopweb.net in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Unstopweb.net startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Unstopweb.net virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Unstopweb.net traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Unstopweb.net by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Unstopweb.net
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Unstopweb.net, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Unstopweb.net argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Unstopweb.net Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.