This article can help you to remove TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
As you might have already guessed, the TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A is a Trojan horse. It is a nasty parasite which enters your computer in complete silence and wreaks havoc. The Trojan corrupts essential for your OS files and folders. It also rewrites the System Registry. The virus may cause some program of yours to become unresponsive and to crush frequently. Like your anti-virus app, for example. The Trojan interferes with every aspect of your daily computer usage. It causes various errors and will force you to reboot your system frequently. But, a simple restart won’t fix your problem. TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A loads together with your OS. It is always running in the background and causing trouble. You will notice that your PC underperforms. Your Internet connection would also seem slower than usual. The Trojan is a plague. You should take immediate measures to confine the infection. TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A communicates with a command server. This parasite is used as a backdoor for other viruses and malware. Do not waste your time. The Trojan is a breach of your security. The sooner you remove the parasite, the better. We have provided a manual removal guide below this article. Yet, you should bear in mind that TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A is a sophisticated virus. Its manual removal requires advanced computer skills. If you are not confident in yours, we recommend you to use a trustworthy anti-virus program.
How did I get infected with?
TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A Trojan relies on multiple distribution techniques. Drive-by downloads, torrents, fake software updates, malvertising, etc. Yet, one distribution method stands above all others. The good old spam emails are still the most common cause of Trojan infections. A little extra caution can prevent this technique from succeeding. What you should do is to be always vigilant and doubting. Bear in mind that not all spam emails are detected as spam. It is up to you to spot them. When you receive a letter from a stranger, verify the sender. The crooks tend to write on behalf of well-known companies, websites, post offices, banks, etc. When you receive a message from an organization, go to their official website. Compare the email addresses listed there with the one you have received a letter from. If they don’t match, delete the pretender. You can also enter the questionable email address into some search engine. If it has been used for shady business, someone might have complained online. And finally, when you open a suspicious email, opt for red flags. A reliable company would use your real name to address you. If the message starts with “Dear Customer” or “Dear All,” proceed with caution. The crooks are always finding new ways to camouflage their malicious mail. Only your caution can keep your PC virus-free. So, don’t be lazy, always do your due diligence!
Why is this dangerous?
TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A is a nasty Trojan infection. This parasite has admin privileges and can modify your system settings. The Trojan downloads and installs malware and viruses. It may affect its individual victims in a different manner. It all depends on the hackers and what they need at the moment. If they lack cyber money, they can turn your device into a miner, for example. The Trojan can install malware, spyware, and even ransomware. This parasite is a giant hole in your security wall. Do not wait to see what will happen to your computer. The risk is too high. The hackers may manage to steal sensitive information. These people are criminals. You should not play games with them. Remove the TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A parasite before it is too late!
Manual TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A Removal Instructions
The TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove TrojanDownloader:PowerShell/Falsip.A Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.