Remove Trojan.Swifi immediately! This is a serious security threat!
Trojan.Swifi is a malicious infection that will cause certain unpleasant changes to your system once it gains access to it. These changes include slowing your computer down, disabling active anti-virus and firewall programs, and many more. However, it is not the changes themselves you should worry about, it is the consequences that will follow. With your security program deactivated, you will not be able to browse the web safely. What is more, Trojan.Swifi will assist other infections targeted at your system. Before any serious damage is induced, you must get rid of Trojan.Swifi at all costs.
How did I get infected with Trojan.Swifi?
Trojan.Swifi relies on Adobe Flash Player for its distribution. You are probably wondering how that is possible since Adobe is legitimate. The infection presents itself to users as an Adobe PDF file on spam email attachments. When you open the attachment, you automatically download Trojan.Swifi. Another way for it to enter your system is through ads that pop up on unreliable web pages. These pop-up ads may promote updates for Adobe and may try to convince you that your application is out of date and that you need to install the suggested updates. Needless to say that clicking on such ads will initiate the setup of Trojan.Swifi.
Why is Trojan.Swifi dangerous?
The effect of Trojan.Swifi’s activity on your system will be quite noticeable because the performance of your PC will worsen distinctively. This is enough of a reason to eliminate the infection as soon as you see signs of it. Trojan.Swifi is also capable of connecting to remote servers and downloading more malware. This puts your virtual security and privacy in great danger as data-recording adware, malicious browser hijackers, and even ransomware might suddenly appear and start running on your computer. You should consider maintaining your system properly and being careful with the content you access on the web in order to avoid infections like Trojan.Swifi. In case it is already on your PC, you should take measures to delete it immediately.
Trojan.Swifi removal instructions
STEP 1: Start Your Computer into Safe Mode with Networking
- Make sure you do not have any floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs inserted in your computer
- Restart the computer
- When you see a table, start tapping the F8 key every second until you enter the Advanced Boot Options
- in the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking , and then press ENTER.
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type iexplore www.virusresearch.org/download-en
- your browser will open and a professional scanner will start downloading
- Follow the instruction and use the professional malware removal tool to detect the files of the virus.
- After performing a full scan you will be asked to register the software. You can do that or perform a manual removal.
To perform Manual removal you need to Stop the below showed process and delete the following files and registry keys. Have in mind that all these are randomly generated, so you must be sure that these are the correct files.
Simultaneously press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
Locate the process SUCHOST.EXE click on it and end it
- Open your registry editor and delete the malware generated Run Subkey:
Use your msconfig program to double check the execution point of the virus. Please, have in mind that the names in your machine might be different as they are generated randomly, that’s why you run the professional scanner to identify the files.
Delete the following files:
It is always a good idea to double check with a reputable anti-malware program after manual removal.