Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Technologycraze.co.uk ads? This page includes detailed ads by Technologycraze.co.uk Removal instructions!
Getting redirected to Technologycraze.co.uk is a crystal clear sign of a problem. If you come across this domain, that means a certain infection has managed to get installed. There is a sneaky adware-type program currently on your machine. It is beyond capable of causing you damage so don’t underestimate the threat. Adware is a relatively easy to tackle kind of parasite. In fact, thinking that this program can’t harm you would be your biggest mistake. Ignoring any infection and keeping it on board allows the virus to exhibit its full potential. Needless to say, you shouldn’t let things get out of control. Even the most harmless-looking parasite will get out of hand at some point. The more time this adware nuisance spends on your machine, the more dangerous it becomes. How does its tricky scheme work? Immediately after installation, the parasite starts making changes. Unauthorized changes, to be more specific. Your browsers are the first ones to experience random, unexpected modifications. By adding a malicious extension, the virus takes over your entire online activity. It might also install additional toolbars thus making the mess greater. Long story short, your preferred browser settings get altered behind your back. Adware is impressively secretive so it never seeks your permission. After all, the infection was developed to serve hackers’ purposes, not to help you out. Your browsers get modified and start generating sponsored pop-ups. Why? Because by boosting web traffic, hackers successfully gain revenue through the pay-per-click mechanism. It is an incredibly easy way for them to become rich at your expense. However, why would you participate in their trickery? Apart from helping crooks gain profit, clicking the ads open could jeopardize your safety. Keep in mind that the sponsored commercials that are all over your PC screen are unreliable. Those could either involve you in some financial fraud or directly lead you to malware. If you open the wrong pop-up, you might compromise your security further. And, thanks to the virus, there are plenty of fake, corrupted advertisements on your PC screen. Avoid all pop-ups and make sure you tackle the adware as soon as possible. You certainly won’t regret it.
How did I get infected with?
Adware doesn’t really shine with originality when it comes to traveling the Internet. Thus, it’s safe to say the infection was attached to some freeware or shareware bundle. This is one notoriously popular malware infiltration method used by all sorts of viruses. Next time you download questionable bundles, you may get stuck with a Trojan horse or ransomware. We’d recommend that you avoid installing unverified programs, especially when they come bundled. Pay close attention to the software you’re about to give green light to. Opting for the custom or advanced option in the bundle allows you to keep an eye out for infections. You can’t deselect a virus and prevent installation unless you spot the parasite first. This is why you have to take your time during the process. Don’t get tempted into rushing or skipping important installation steps. Such a careless behavior only exposes you to malware and causes you a headache. Another rule of thumb many PC users forget about is reading the Terms and Conditions. Of course, simply clicking the “I accept” button saves you time. Unfortunately, having to remove malware would be much more time- and energy-consuming. Do yourself a favor and be cautious. In addition, watch out for spam email-attachments and messages. Those could turn out to be corrupted as well.
Why is this dangerous?
The virus bombards you with sponsored, unreliable, worthless ads. It completely ignores your own preferences about your own browsing experience. Hackers are currently taking advantage of your PC to gain profit. As mentioned, the parasite messes with your browser settings and adds a malicious extension. It then starts redirecting you to technologycraze.co.uk. You might land on other equally unsafe websites too. As a result, you are one click away from installing more parasites. Restrain yourself from clicking open any of the pop-ups and other commercials this program generates. There might be some fake program updates on your PC screen as well. Do not let hackers trick you into downloading malware because the technologycraze.co.uk pop-ups are dangerous. That includes all discounts, coupons, product deals and offers this pest displays. As if that wasn’t enough, the adware slows down your PC speed significantly. It even steals your browsing history and other browsing-related data. To delete the infection for good, please follow our detailed manual removal guide. You will find it down below.
How to Remove Technologycraze.co.uk virus
The Technologycraze.co.uk infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Technologycraze.co.uk infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Technologycraze.co.uk infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Technologycraze.co.uk in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Technologycraze.co.uk startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Technologycraze.co.uk virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Technologycraze.co.uk traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Technologycraze.co.uk by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Technologycraze.co.uk
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Technologycraze.co.uk, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Technologycraze.co.uk argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Technologycraze.co.uk Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.