Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Stags.Bluekai.com ads? This page includes detailed ads by Stags.Bluekai.com Removal instructions!
Stags.Bluekai.com is a page that pops up, when you’re in trouble. If it takes over your screen, there’s an infection on your computer. One that belongs to the adware family. Adware applications are harmful and hazardous. They invade via slyness and subtlety. Then, once inside, spread corruption throughout. After the tool settles, you face a whirlwind of grievances. The issues, that get forced on you, range in severity. At first, you encounter online intrusions and lagging. But, as time goes by, troubles evolve. What begins as a minor inconvenience ends up a grave security risk. Yes, the malicious infection threatens your privacy. It has instructions to steal information from you, and then expose it. Make no mistake. The more you allow the adware to stay, the bigger the odds that it carries out its thieving agenda. Don’t allow that! Protect yourself from its hazardous influences. As soon as you become aware of its presence on your PC, act! Acknowledge the display of Stags.Bluekai.com as the sign of trouble it is. It announces the existence of the infection. Heed its announcement, and act on it. Find where the tool’s exact lurking place is, then delete it on discovery. Time is of the essence, so don’t delay.
How did I get infected with?
Adware programs are masterful at invasion. They resort to all manner of trickery, when it comes to entering your PC. And, not only do they manage to enter, but they do it unnoticed. That’s despite having to seek your permission on their admission. Oh, yes! The adware asked you if you agree to allow it in, and you gave it the green light. Chances are, you don’t remember it. But the display of Stags.Bluekai.com is proof the exchange took place. Don’t be too hard on yourself, though. It’s anything but a straightforward one. Yes, the infection does seek your consent on its entry. But, don’t think it does so outright. If it were straightforward, it risks rejection. So, instead, it does its best to avoid it. It turns to all manner of trickery, and employs the help of the old but gold invasive methods. Freeware, corrupted links,sites, or torrents, spam emails, fake updates. It sure has its pick. Whichever one, it chooses, it can’t prove successful without you. You provide the key ingredient to its success. Carelessness. The infection relies on you to throw caution to the wind, and give into naivety. To rush, and skip doing due diligence. It needs you to leave your fate to chance as that eases its covert invasion. Don’t oblige. Do yourself a favor, and choose the opposite approach. Be extra thorough. Vigilance lets you to spot threats, attempting to invade. You can catch them in the act, and keep them out. Attention helps you to keep an infection-free PC. Keep that in mind.
Why is this dangerous?
As soon as the adware infiltrates your system, prepare for problems. It doesn’t take long before you start to experience them. You first notice the tool’s influences, when you browse. Every time, you so much as touch your browser, you face intrusion. The application puts you through an utter bombardment of advertisements. Banner, in-text, pop-up. It’s quite the whirlwind. And, each one reads ‘Powered by Stags.Bluekai.com.’ The page also shows up, when you open a new tab. It’s among the suggested results, after a search. It seems to be everywhere. The adware turns it into your shadow. And, that continuous meddling doesn’t go unnoticed. There are repercussions to the constant meddling. Your computer’s performance slows down your system to a crawl. You also encounter crashes, all the time. And, when you add the security risk to the pile of problems, it’s evident. The adware has NO place on your PC! Do your best to get rid of it as soon as you get the chance. To prolong its stay, is to set yourself up for trouble. Avoid the unpleasantness that follows the cyber threat. Remove it ASAP.
How to Remove Stags.Bluekai.com virus
The Stags.Bluekai.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Stags.Bluekai.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Stags.Bluekai.com in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Stags.Bluekai.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Stags.Bluekai.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Stags.Bluekai.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Stags.Bluekai.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Stags.Bluekai.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Stags.Bluekai.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Stags.Bluekai.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Stags.Bluekai.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.