Can’t Remove Shopping Chip ads? This page includes the ads by Shopping Chip Removal instructions!
The Shopping Chip browser extension is designed to provide users with coupons, discount deals and offers, and is compatible with all the main web browsers – Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The main thing you should remember is not to trust the supposedly beneficial coupons and offers because they are nothing more than just a scam. Shopping Chip is classified as adware, which makes it rather unreliable. Instead of relying on the deals by Shopping Chip to save you money, you should get rid of the browser add-on because it will expose you to possibly malicious content.
How did I get infected with?
Shopping Chip is not distributed officially, meaning that you cannot really download the extension as it does not have a homepage. Therefore, if it has been installed on your browser, it must have happened during the setup of some free application. Freeware downloaded from suspicious file sharing websites usually arrives on the system together with a bunch of additional programs. If you do not pay attention to the installation steps, you will skip to decline the setup of additional software. This means that it is up to you whether you will let such programs enter or not. If you want to avoid that, you should also only go for official sources instead of unknown ones.
Why are these ads dangerous?
The Shopping Chip browser extension is ad-supported which means that it is sponsored by third-party advertisers to promote their content. All the coupons, deals and offers you will be presented with aim to send you to web pages belonging to those third parties. There, you will be offered to purchase products at lower prices, but in the majority of the cases these products do not exist and users spend their money on nothing. Moreover, they share their bank account details with unreliable parties. Another thing that may happen when interacting with ads by Shopping Chip is to end up installing malware without even realizing it. We believe all the reasons mentioned above should make you do your best to erase Shopping Chip immediately.
How Can I Remove Shopping Chip Ads?
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Shopping Chip infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1 : Uninstall Shopping Chip from Your Computer
Simultaneously press the Windows Logo Button and then “R” to open the Run Command
Locate the Shopping Chip program and click on uninstall/change. To facilitate the search you can sort the programs by date. review the most recent installed programs first. In general you should remove all unknown programs.
STEP 2 : Remove Shopping Chip from Chrome, Firefox or IE
Remove from Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools—> Extensions
- Remove any unknown extension by clicking on the little recycle bin
- If you are not able to delete the extension then navigate to C:\Users\”computer name“\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\and review the folders one by one.
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
- If you are using the latest chrome version you need to do the following
- go to settings – Add person
- choose a preferred name.
- then go back and remove person 1
- Chrome should be malware free now
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable and remove the unwanted add on
- Open the Firefox’s Help Menu
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open IE
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable any suspicious extension.
- If the disable button is gray, you need to go to your Windows Registry and delete the corresponding CLSID
- On the Upper Right Corner of Internet Explorer Click on the Gear Icon.
- Click on Internet options
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset.
- Check the “Delete Personal Settings Tab” and then Reset
- Close IE
Permanently Remove Shopping Chip Leftovers
To make sure manual removal is successful, I recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify any registry leftovers or temporary files.