Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Searchencrypt.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Searchencrypt.com Removal instructions!
Are you tired of being constantly redirected to the Searchencrypt.com website? This website is not a threat, it is a warning! A sign that you have a browser hijacker infection on board. This parasite is an actual program that is installed on your computer. It is responsible for the sea of advertisements you are drowning in. If you think that you are seeing too many ads now, just wait to see what will happen. Soon, every page you visit will be heavy on ad banners. Your web browser will struggle to display any content correctly. It may start to freeze and crash frequently. Can you imagine getting any work done in such conditions? The Searchencrypt.com utility will not stop here. It will “inject” ads among the search results it displays. But, don’t think that those entries will be marked as adverts. No! They will appear as organic search results. Even if you use other search engines, the Searchencrypt.com hijacker will corrupt their results. Doing an objective research will become an impossible task. This infection is a plague. The only way to restore your browser’s settings is to remove the malicious application. Don’t waste time. Use a trustworthy anti-virus program to detect and delete all infected files and folders.
How did I get infected with?
Hijackers use sneaky tactics to gain your approval to operate. No matter what they do, they need you to approve their access to your PC. The fact that the Searchencrypt.com website is your homepage means only one thing: you gave the hijacker your consent. Do you remember doing it? It is not a surprise if you don’t. After all, the hijacker didn’t ask you openly. It was not the program you thought it was. There are many ways for a hijacker to travel the web. Fake software updates, for example, are very common nowadays. It is a simple malware distribution technique. You see an update alert. It can be for any program. The alert will state that an app of yours is outdated and has a problem. Luckily, a simple update can fix it. You only need to click on the alert and the download will execute. Don’t do it! This is a deception. If you click on such a fake alert, you will download a malware application, not a legitimate program. Download updates from reliable websites only. Your computer security is your responsibility and yours only. Be vigilant. When installing a program, forget about the “next-next-finish” installation method. Instead, opt for advanced button or tab. Also, read the terms and conditions. This is a good way to spot breaches. If you encounter anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation immediately.
Why is this dangerous?
The Searchencrypt.com hijacker is an infection that should not be ignored. It has access to your system, so it can cause some real damage to your PC. From the moment it was installed on your device, it is acting against you. It modified your homepage, and default search engine. However, this is not the end of it. This pest is like a stream of troubles. You think you fixed one thing, yet, another problem appears. If you take a moment to consider the advertisements you have seen recently, you will realize one thing. All of them are appealing! All of them have something to do with your hobbies, interests or needs. You are not imagining it. The Searchencrypt.com hijacker knows what you are looking for because it is spying on you. Everything you do online is monitored. Thus, for example, if you search for sneakers, the malicious tool will bombard you with tons of ads for similar items. The problem is, those advertisements may not be what they appear to be. A malicious ad can redirect you to an infected website. There, a drive-by download will be executed. These types of downloads are automatic. They don’t require the user’s interaction and are almost completely invisible. Therefore, hackers often use them for malware distribution. In fact, such a download may be the cause for your current problem. Don’t delay it any longer. Track the Searchencrypt.com hijacker down and remove it as soon as possible.
How to Remove Searchencrypt.com virus
The Searchencrypt.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Searchencrypt.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Searchencrypt.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Searchencrypt.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Searchencrypt.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Searchencrypt.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Searchencrypt.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Searchencrypt.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Searchencrypt.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Searchencrypt.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Searchencrypt.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Searchencrypt.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.