Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Search.yofitofix.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search.yofitofix.com Removal instructions!
Search.yofitofix.com promises to be a useful search engine that brings to you accurate results. However, we wouldn’t be writing this article if Search.yofitofix.com was as amazing at it claimed to be. What you’re stuck with is a devious browser hijacker. As soon as you encounter the parasite’s presence on board, you have to take measures. Tackle this pest of a program to regain control over your infected browsers. Search.yofitofix.com has a rich variety of tricks to offer. It firstly modifies your default browser settings. That means you’ll come across a brand new extension added by the virus. Search.yofitofix.com also replaces your search engine and homepage with its own domain. This nuisance might even install additional toolbars thus making matters worse. Long story short, your favorite browsers all get hijacked. You are no longer in charge of your own browsing experience. Hackers are. You could be more than positive crooks aren’t going to take your opinions into considering simply because they don’t have to. The only reason hackers have to modify your browsers is to gain questionable revenue. You see, Search.yofitofix.com forces its domain on you every single time you surf the Web. Or, at least, attempt to. The hijacker only generates sponsored web links which means you’re now bombarded with unsafe links. Instead of harmless search results, this program displays sponsored, potentially corrupted links. Clicking the wrong one would compromise your safety further. The question is, why keep such an aggressive and, at the same time, sneaky infection? Don’t overlook the threats Search.yofitofix.com exposes you to. The sooner you delete this nuisance, the better. Thanks to the hijacker, you’re unable to find anything you search for. You get redirected, your browsers freeze and crash. As if that wasn’t enough, the virus might steal some of your private information. This could result in financial scams or, if you’re particularly unlucky, identity theft.
How did I get infected with?
The infection didn’t seek your permission. Instead, Search.yofitofix.com probably applied some stealthy distribution technique. Just like most parasites, it must have traveled the Web via a freeware/shareware bundle. This is actually the most popular method hackers use at the moment to spread malware online. It is also an extremely easy method. All that crooks have to do is add the virus to some deceptive program bundle. You do the rest of the job by rushing the installation. That gives you a solid reason to take your time in the process, don’t you think? Make sure there are no “bonuses” added to the bundles you download. In order to spot the additional programs in there, opt for the Custom option. Check out the Terms and Conditions or EULA (End User License Agreement) too. Even though reading those is one of the least fun activities online, it will protect your safety. Do the right thing and your caution will inevitably pay off. Unless you pay close attention to the programs you give green light to, you may get infected.
Why is this dangerous?
This hijacker is a typical member of its nasty family. In other words, Search.yofitofix.com turns browsing the Web into a cyber nightmare. Every website you visit is covered with sponsored web links and many of those are dangerous. We recommend that you avoid clicking anything brought to your PC screen by the virus. Chances are, these links are corrupted. Unless for some reason you’re willing to test out the limits of your luck, stay away from Search.yofitofix.com’s results. Also, stay away from the commercials you may stumble across. Remember, this is a stubborn, problematic cyber parasite. The virus could start displaying fake advertisements in attempts to trick you into clicking. Do yourself a favor and ignore all seemingly alluring pop-ups Search.yofitofix.com might generate. You get redirected, your machine underperforms, you’re flooded with worthless ads. Why hesitate? Search.yofitofix.com could even cause you some privacy issues if you tolerate it for too long. Your browsing history, usernames or passwords, for example, may get into the wrong hands. To delete the hijacker for good, please follow our detailed manual removal guide. You will find it down below.
How to Remove Search.yofitofix.com virus
The Search.yofitofix.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.yofitofix.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search.yofitofix.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.yofitofix.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.yofitofix.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.yofitofix.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.yofitofix.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.yofitofix.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.yofitofix.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.yofitofix.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.yofitofix.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.