Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 7-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Search.searchmycl.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search.searchmycl.com Removal instructions!
Search.searchmycl.com is a malicious site. The page pops up on your screen as a sign. It indicates that your computer is no longer infection-free. But that it, in fact, harbors a browser hijacker. Consider the website a clue. It’s a big bright neon sign that screams ‘Trouble!’ Hijackers are atrocious infections, and they make for terrible company. The one, you’re stuck with, is no exception. It uses slyness and finesse to slither its way in. Then, once it does, proceeds to wreak havoc. Corruption ensues not long after the tool settles. And, you begin to notice its influences throughout your system. Its meddling begins with your browsing. One day, you can’t seem to escape the sight of Search.searchmycl.com. No matter what you do online, the page makes an appearance. And, that’s because the hijacker forces it on you. It doesn’t miss an opportunity to do so. Open a new tab? It’s there. Type a search? It’s among the results. Do anything at all online, and you will see it. It’s obnoxious. But don’t think that’s all, you face when stuck with an hijacker. Your issues are far worse than mere annoyance. The infection doesn’t only bombard you with online interference. It also forces a variety of changes on you. That’s right. The hijacker performs reshuffles, without running them past you. It doesn’t have to seek your approval. And, it doesn’t have to inform you. It can do as it wishes, and you’re stuck dealing with it. For example, the infection can allow more infections into your PC. Yes, it can install more unwanted malicious programs on a whim. Do you think that ends well? Don’t be naive. Don’t allow the infection to mess up your system. Protect yourself, and your PC. Do your best to locate where it’s lurking. Then, delete it on discovery. The sooner you do, the better.
How did I get infected with?
Hijackers are rather tricky. They have to ask you, the user, if you agree to install them. Only if you say YES can they continue with admission. So, these programs have come up with an entire array of ways to seek your consent. Ways, which would result in your YES, and not your NO. The usual invasive methods, include the following. Pretending to be a system or program update. Like, Java or Adobe Flash Player. Hiding behind corrupted links, or sites. Or, hitching a ride with freeware, and spam email attachments. Its array of methods is prolific. But, here’s the thing. Neither one can prove successful, without your carelessness. Consider it the key ingredient, the hijacker needs to sneak in undetected. Your distraction, naivety, and haste ease its sly infiltration. It needs you to throw caution to the wind, and rely on luck. To rush, and skip doing due diligence. To NOT bother reading terms and conditions, but agree to everything in blind faith. To give into naivety, and hope for the best. Do NOT oblige! Do NOT make it easier for the cyber threat to slither into your system. Every time, you open your PC to a tool or update, be careful! The web is a dangerous place. Don’t underestimate the dangers that lurk there. Always do your due diligence. Even a little extra attention can save you a ton of troubles. Choose caution over carelessness. One keeps threats out. The other invites them in.
Why is this dangerous?
After the hijacker invades, be wary. You’re in for a hazardous experience. The tool meddles, and reshuffles, and makes a colossal mess of everything. It doesn’t only place your system’s well-being in jeopardy. But it threatens your privacy, as well. The infection, behind Search.searchmycl.com, spies on you. It tracks your online activities, and records them. It collects information from you. When it determines it has gathered enough, it proceeds to send it. The application hands it over to the unknown individuals behind it. The cyber criminals, who published it. And, once they get a hold of your data, they can use it as they see fit. Do NOT allow that! Keep thew dreadful hijacker from fulfilling its thieving agenda! Don’t stand by as it steals your personal and financial details. Only to, then, expose it to strangers! Protect yourself, and delete the hijacker as soon as the opportunity presents itself. That’s the best course of action you can take. So, take it NOW!
How to Remove Search.searchmycl.com virus
The Search.searchmycl.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.searchmycl.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search.searchmycl.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.searchmycl.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.searchmycl.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.searchmycl.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.searchmycl.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.searchmycl.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.searchmycl.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.searchmycl.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.searchmycl.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.