Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
Can’t Remove Search.pulse.search hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Search.pulse.search Removal instructions!
Search.pulse.search is a site, you don’t want to see on screen. If you do, be wary. You’re in trouble. A browser hijacker slithered into your system. And, the site’s display is its way of announcing itself. Consider it its grand reveal. After the hijacker invades, the page pops up, at every turn. No matter what you do, you see Search.pulse.search. Open a new tab, and it’s there to greet you. Search the web, and it appears among the suggested results. Every banner, in-text and pop-up ad is ‘Powered by Search.pulse.search.’ The page even takes over for your default homepage and search engine. Did you ask for that switch? No. you neither approved it nor had knowledge of its implementation. One day, you discover it, already in place. And, that’s what you can expect from hijackers. Thy have free rein on your system. The one, plaguing you now, is no exception. It can approve any and all reshuffles, it chooses. And, without bothering to seek your permission. Or, bother to clue you into its intentions or actions. That’s dangerous, to say the least. What if the tool chooses to fill your PC to the brim with malware? Well, it can. Don’t let it! Get rid of it as soon as you get the opportunity. The sooner, the better.
How did I get infected with?
Hijackers are sneaky. They turn to the old but gold methods, when it comes to invasion. More often than not, they choose freeware. It’s regarded as the easiest way into your PC. That’s because, most users are pretty careless, when installing freeware. They rush, and discard doing any due diligence. Instead of reading terms and conditions, they agree to everything, in blind faith. To leave your fate to chance is a mistake. Don’t make it. Take the time to be thorough. Read terms and conditions. Double-check everything. And look for the fine print. Even a little extra attention goes a long way. It can save you countless issues. Other methods include hiding behind spam emails, fake updates, and corrupted links. Remember that caution helps you to keep an infection-free PC. Carelessness has the opposite effect. Make the right choice.
Why is this dangerous?
The hijacker, behind Search.pulse.search, is quite meddlesome. It intrudes on your every move. And, these intrusions don’t go without consequence. The tool’s incessant meddling causes your system to crash all the time. Your computer slows down, as well. And, lagging turns into a part of your daily routine. But these are the minor inconveniences, you encounter. There are worse ones. The worst issue, you face, concerns your security. The infection spies on you. It tracks your browsing, and records your every online move. Let that sink in. Social media accounts, passwords, logins, Credit card and bank account details. Pages you frequent, links and ads you click. It gets access to so much of your private and financial information. And, what do you imagine it does with it? Once it deems it has stolen enough, it exposes it. To whom? Well, to the cyber criminals, responsible for its release. And, once these people get a hold of it, they can use it as they see fit. Do you think that ends well? Hardly. Protect yourself, and your system, from the hazardous hijacker. Get rid of it ASAP.
How to Remove Search.pulse.search virus
The Search.pulse.search infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.pulse.search infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Search.pulse.search related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.pulse.search startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.pulse.search virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.pulse.search traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.pulse.search by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.pulse.search
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.pulse.search, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.pulse.search argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.pulse.search Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.