This article can help you to remove Reiguard.exe Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
Reiguard.exe is a malicious process, indicative of trouble. It’s a sign that your system is no longer infection-free. But it now harbors a Trojan threat. The sooner you accept that as fact, the better. Trojans are hazardous and harmful. They force you into a whirlwind of grievances. The infection eats up space and resources. It causes your system to crash all the time. And, turns lagging into a constant companion. It forces unwanted reshuffles on you. And, meddles with your Registry and corrupts important files. Not only that, but it lowers your defenses, as it disables your firewall and anti virus program. It makes it easier for outside threats to invade, and spread even more corruption. What’s more, the tool restricts your Internet access. Or, it can block it, altogether. And, when it does allow you to browse, you face a whirlwind of interference. You get redirected to a plethora of suspicious third-party pages. You get flooded with in-text, banner, and pop-up ads, at every turn. Going online turns into a hellish ordeal. And, that’s only part of your concerns. These are the minor inconveniences, you encounter. There are far worse ones. Don’t wait around to experience them. Protect yourself from the infection’s influences. Get rid of the Reiguard.exe menace the first chance you get. Its prompt removal is the best course of action, you can take. Take it!
How did I get infected with?
Trojans use trickery to invade. They turn to the old but gold methods to gain access to your PC. That includes, posing as a system or program update. Hiding behind corrupted links, sites, or updates. And, of course, using freeware or spam emails. These are among the top methods used, but there are more. And, do you know what? Neither can prove successful, without assistance from you. The Trojan needs you to give into carelessness, and not do your due diligence. To skip reading terms and conditions, but agree to everything in blind faith. To rush, and rely on luck. It needs you not to leave your fate to chance. That eases its infiltration. Don’t oblige. Don’t choose carelessness over caution. One helps to keep an infection-free PC, and the other invites trouble in. Make the right choice. Take the time to be vigilant. Double-check everything. Look for the fine print. Even a little extra attention goes a long way.
Why is this dangerous?
The Reiguard.exe threat doesn’t only corrupt your system. Apart from wreaking havoc, and messing up your PC, it also jeopardizes your privacy. The infection has instructions to spy on you, from the moment it invades. And, so it does. The Trojan tracks your keyboard and mouse inputs. It monitors which pages you visit, links and ads you click. Your social media accounts, and the applications you use most often. And, it doesn’t only observe your activities, but records them, as well. That’s right. It has a record of your actions. Passwords and logins, credit card and bank account details. Think about it. The Trojan steals a ton of sensitive information via espionage. And, what do you imagine, it does with it? Well, it exposes it. Once the tool deems it has stolen enough data, it sends it. To whom? Well, to the people behind it. That means, cyber criminals with malicious agendas. Do you think that ends well? Having these people get a hold of your personal and financial details? Hardly. Don’t extend the infection’s stay even a moment after detection. As soon as you become aware of its stay, cut it short. The Reiguard.exe threat has no place on your PC.
Manual Reiguard.exe Removal Instructions
The Reiguard.exe infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Reiguard.exe infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Reiguard.exe related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Reiguard.exe startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Reiguard.exe virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Reiguard.exe
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Reiguard.exe, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Reiguard.exe Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.