Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.
This article can help you to remove Rayjump Virus. The step by step removal works for every version of Microsoft Windows.
Rayjump is yet another Trojan horse. This virus uses trickery to sneak into your OS unnoticed. In complete silence, the parasite alters your settings, modifies your Registry and corrupts system folders. You cannot notice the parasite in time to prevent its infiltration. Once successfully established, however, the Trojan changes its behavior. It becomes very intrusive and annoying. The parasite affects every aspect of your day to day computer-related activities. It causes system underperformance, program crashes, odd warnings, and Internet connection instabilities. The more time this parasite spends on your computer, the worse your situation becomes. It doesn’t matter what you do, the Trojan is always there to annoy you. You type a search query – is among the results; watch a video – the parasite pauses it for commercial breaks; follow a link – the Rayjump’s URL is displayed. The Trojan ruins your user experience. You cannot get a simple task done without being disturbed by the parasite. Don’t get distracted by these issues, though. These are minor inconveniences compared to the things that happen behind your back. You are dealing with a Trojan horse. The virus jeopardizes both your privacy and security. It threatens to steal your personal information, as well as to further corrupt your system. Do not put up with this situation. Rayjump has no place on your computer. Remove it the first chance you get! The sooner it’s gone, the better!
How did I get infected with?
Rayjump doesn’t target individual victims. No, the Trojan has other plans. It uses mass-distribution strategies to reach a broad spectrum of potential victims. The parasite relies on torrents, spam emails, and fake updates. These methods deliver the virus to your computer. But they don’t install it. It’s entirely up to you whether the virus will enter your OS. Bear in mind that no anti-virus app can protect you if you act recklessly. Your caution, on the other hand, can keep your device secure and virus-free. Don’t visit shady websites. Download your software from reputable sources only. When available, use the advanced/custom setup option. And, of course, be very careful with your inbox. If you receive an unexpected message, don’t open it. Take a minute to verify the sender first. The crooks tend to write on behalf of well-known and trusted organizations. If you receive an unexpected message, from your bank, for example, go to their official website. Compare the email addresses listed there with the one you’ve received a letter from. If they don’t match, delete the pretender immediately. The key to a secure and infection-free computer is caution. Don’t be lazy. Always do your due diligence!
Why is this dangerous?
Rayjump interferes with your every computer-related activity. It bombards you with online ads, opens odd pop-up warnings, causes program failures and system underperformance. The parasite is like a pain in the neck: the more you tolerate it, the worse it becomes. So, don’t tolerate it at all. Rayjump is not a mere annoyance. It is quite dangerous. This Trojan horse follows instructions to spy on you. It’s after your personal and financial details. It can also collect information about your system, as well as your user habits. The Trojan knows your every online action. It also knows what programs you have installed, your IP and MAC addresses. If its owners deem it necessary, they can instruct the Trojan to install spyware, and thus, steal your passwords, usernames, and other sensitive information. You are in a dangerous situation. Rayjump Trojan has full control of your OS. It can manipulate as it sees fit. It’s more than capable of installing malware. Do you think that ends well for you? Of course, it doesn’t! Do not test your luck. Do what’s best for you and your system’s well-being. Remove the Trojan ASAP!
Manual Rayjump Removal Instructions
The Rayjump infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Rayjump infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
STEP 1: Track down Rayjump related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Rayjump startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Rayjump virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
Step 4: Undo the possible damage done by Rayjump
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Rayjump, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Rayjump Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible virus leftovers or temporary files.